Job DescriptionA.I.S., Inc. (AIS)
is a national scientific services firm supporting maritime activities requiring certification of compliance with environmental regulations as well as collecting data for use by Federal, State, Municipal, and other government agencies along the US coastline. Primary Function:
AIS is looking for a Hawaii EM Longline Project Manager to support the Western Pacific Regional Fishery Management Council, Hawaii Longline Association, and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) to implement a pilot study in the Hawaii shallow-set longline (SSLL) fishery. The goal of this work is to determine a baseline for current interactions, methodology of data collection under night-setting conditions using a combination of observer and electronic monitoring (EM) data, and preliminary testing of tori lines as a potential alternative of discouraging seabird interactions while providing operational flexibility during setting in the SSLL fishery. The study will be conducted under an Experimental Fishing Permit.Duties/Responsibilities:
Selected personnel will coordinate overall project implementation, conduct the statistical analysis and produce a technical report of the study. Specific tasks of the contractor will include:
- Coordinate project team meetings to determine final study design, data collection protocol, vessel deployment schedule, and other study logistics;
- Provide input on the final study design and data collection protocol;
- Coordinate with NMFS on additional data collection needed by federal observers;
- Conduct statistical analysis of the EM data collected from the study and additional observer and/or logbook data as necessary, using appropriate methods for the study design; and
- Prepare a technical report including the study methodology and analysis results, in coordination with project personnel.
Candidates will be paid an hourly rate to be negotiated and total compensation will vary depending on employee's availability and fishing effort. This is a full-time position. AIS benefits package includes health and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday benefits.Minimum Qualifications:
- Have demonstrated ability to manage collaborative projects working with fishing industry.
- Have demonstrated ability to conduct the necessary statistical analysis using appropriate methods for the study design;
- Have demonstrated familiarity and knowledge of the operational characteristics, management setting, and seabird mitigation measures in the Hawaii longline fishery;
- Have demonstrated experience working with data from the Hawaii longline fishery;
- Be available to start the project immediately and complete the project by September 2023.
If you would like to apply for this exciting new opening, please click the following link http://aisobservers.com/careers/ to submit the required information:
- Cover letter detailing project management and Hawaiian longline fishery experience.
- 3 professional references (name, email address and phone number)
All documents must be submitted for your application to be considered.
If you have any questions pertaining to this opening, please feel free to call William Byrd at email@example.com or 774-762-7019. An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of A.I.S. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our employees and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Must be able to work in the U.S. • VEVRAA Federal Contractor • Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals • Equal Opportunity Employer