Based in our Germantown, Maryland office Precigen's Molecular Biology group is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate/Scientist
(level determined by candidate experience) with demonstrated experience in cellular therapy, immunology, and/ or immune-oncology to join our growing Molecular Engineering team. In this role, you will use your laboratory skills to contribute to the advancement of innovative cell & gene therapy products by conducting laboratory experiments, developing methodology, and generating scientific data in a highly collaborative environment. Our small group environment will provide a remarkable opportunity to enhance your scientific and biotech training as we develop the next generation of cell and gene therapeutics!
Upon hire to this position Precigen will require documentation of a COVID-19 vaccination or exemption for medical or religious reasons. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Sustain, passage, and culture mammalian cells for cell and gene therapy experiments.
- Conduct microplate-based cellular assays.
- Perform ELISA and related microplate assays.
- Run 1-3+ color flow experiments by FACS.
- Isolate white blood cells from blood and other biological specimens.
- Perform experiments with a careful attention to detail and accurately record procedures, data and results in electronic lab notebook (ELN.)
- Generate and communicate data to supervisor and/or group members and make intellectual and technical contributions to the team.
- Other duties as assigned on a project-dependent basis.
- Research Associate: Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline with two (2) + years laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cellular Therapy, Immunology, and/ or ImmunoOncology.
- Scientist Level: PhD in a relevant discipline or an MS with at least three (3) + years of laboratory experience.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Background in drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Well-developed understanding of molecular and cellular biology, immunological assays, and cell transfection/ transduction.
- Sterile cell culture techniques
- Basic experience developing cellular therapies such as CAR-T and culture of primary human immune cells.
- Flow cytometry experience.
- Experience with transfection/ transduction and expansion of primary and mammalian cells.
- DNA/RNA isolation experience from mammalian cells
- Familiarity with PCR and RT-qPCR.
- Prior use of microplate based assays including ELISA or luciferase assays.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation.
- Positive interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of levels and functions.
- Self-motivated, meticulous, hands-on attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Responsive, can-do attitude.
- Can coordinate parallel tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a rapidly changing environment and demands.
- Ability to interpret and effectively execute upon a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram or schedule formats.