Job DescriptionSalary: $66,310.40 - $97,281.60POSITION: Environmental Operations ManagerJOB TYPE: Full-timeLOCATION: Hayward, WIWHO WE ARESteigerwaldt Land Services, Inc.,
is a full-service resource solution company, offering a wide range of appraisal, analysis, real estate, right-of-way, environmental, and forestry services to our clients in the Lake States region and beyond. Founded in 1957, Steigerwaldt is a third-generation, family owned and operated company with history and experience spanning more than 60 years. Steigerwaldt employs a staff of over 50 people, with offices in Tomahawk and Hayward, Wisconsin; and Negaunee, Michigan.
Becoming a member of Steigerwaldt is more than just an opportunity to follow your passion in forestry. It is an opportunity to be a part of an organization that fosters professional growth, nurtures your talent, and allows you to take ownership of your career path. A strong sense of brand, culture, and values define our company and our team. Our office culture is one that values synergy in the office and in the field.
Steigerwaldt creates a transparent and inclusive environment that involves you in team decision-making, cross-department learning, career path exploration, and hands-on experiences for you to grow your breadth of knowledge.
If this sounds like the supportive, passion-driven, professional environment you will thrive in, please apply to join our team. We are currently seeking a full-time Environmental Operations Manager
at our Hayward office location. This is considered a mid-level to advanced career position with a focus on people, client, and project management. WHAT YOU WILL DO
This individual is the leader of the Environmental team and will be responsible for department strategic direction, team performance, staff oversight, client relationship management, and all aspects of environmental services for the Environmental Department. The Environmental Operations Manager will oversee the Environmental Department services, which include invasive species control, pesticide application, wetland delineation, and environmental monitoring services. This individual will make independent decisions on a daily basis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to managing:
WHO YOU ARE
- Management of the Environmental Service professionals including daily oversight, work
planning, and team meetings
- Performance management of direct reports
- Team goal setting, tracking, and reporting
- Department budget performance accountability
- Organization and prioritization of department business
- Client communications and relationship management
- All aspects of project management to include scheduling, work-flow, budgeting, quality
control, and project closeout
- Department strategic direction
- Department procurement
- Wetland delineation lead
- Shoreland monitoring
- Environmental Permitting
- Conservation services (NRCS included)
- Site restoration
- Wildlife surveys (such as KBB and other T&E species)
- Phase 1 site assessments
- Other duties as assigned
You are a supportive and reliable team member that engages in building a great team and work culture. You are driven and motivated to be a part of a successful team and provide high-quality service and results. You show persistence, tenacity, and grit every day, through tough conditions and deadlines with energy and enthusiasm. You are curious and open-minded in exploring solutions and opportunities. You are a caretaker of resources, people, and company. You thrive working in a fast-paced, highly driven environment and can adapt quickly to changing conditions and priorities. You must have an adventurous side and enjoy travel.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Functional & Technical Expertise - Effectiveness at gaining, maintaining, and sharing functional expertise related to the role in the organization, including the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities spelled out in the job description and the incorporation of new technologies for competitive advantage.
- Integrity & High Standards - Effectiveness at maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards and company values while building and maintaining trust through transparency, dependability, and consistency, admitting, and correcting mistakes, and promoting high integrity in others.
- Drive & Initiative - Effectiveness at establishing, pursuing, and attaining stretch goals and an ambitious workload that drive the mission in a way that is vigorous, enthusiastic, persistent, positive, internally motivated, and fast paced.
- Decision Making - Effectiveness in problem solving that seeks pertinent data, gathers input, recognizes patterns, determines root causes, weighs urgency versus importance, chooses the most appropriate and creative courses of action, and coordinates execution internally and across roles and teams.
- Change Management - Effectiveness at adapting to change while also anticipating the need for change, advocating for change, implementing change-management plans, and leading others through the phases of change when improvements are needed for the short and long term.
- Communicating with Impact - Effectiveness at communication basics while also disseminating appropriate information proactively, using communication technologies appropriately, developing and delivering impactful group presentations, crafting messages that are both professionally polished and compelling (both formally and informally), and remaining calm under pressure.
- Relationship Building - Effectiveness at interpersonal savvy basics that make a positive impression, build and repair working relationships across natural boundaries within the organization, grow professional networks outside the organization, encourage healthy conflict, and ensure a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all types of employees.
- Team Development - Effectiveness at teamwork basics while intervening on group dynamics, mobilizing groups into cohesive teams, finding and developing talent, communicating goals while guiding execution, delegating substantial duties, seeking and respecting input, providing feedback, thwarting destructive internal competition, and rewarding team behaviors.
- Customer Relations - Effectiveness at customer service basics while managing key relations between the company and its clients, ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high at all stages of operations, and intervening to prevent and solve problems early.
- Workflow & Project Management - Effectiveness at work management basics, organizing and monitoring projects, setting clear goals, priorities, and timelines for self and others, anticipating and gathering resources, staying on budget, managing effective meetings, and holding people accountable.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Forest Management, or natural resource
- Specialized training in wetland services and related environmental services
- 4+ years in a Project Management or similar role
- Current valid driver's license and personal vehicle suitable for field use
- ATV and snowmobile certification
At Steigerwaldt, we offer a Remote-Friendly Hybrid Work Model for our staff. The Environmental Operations Manager position is eligible for remote-based (work from home designation), upon approval from the supervisor. Candidate must be located in northern WI region. The position is roughly 50 percent field work and 50 percent office work. COMPENSATION
Salary commensurate with experience.POSTING DATE
August 23, 2022. Position will be filled within one to three months. Interviews will be scheduled throughout this time period. Expected start is dependent upon candidate availability. CONTACT
Submit your resume and cover letter to:
Steigerwaldt Land Services, Inc.
11242N Gorski Road
Hayward, WI 54843
Email to: email@example.com
Phone: (715) 699-1401, Ext. 201