Job DescriptionPosition: Lead Artificial Intelligence Engineer - AI Security and Perception Location:
Austin, Texas (Hybrid)Type:
Full-time/Permanent/Direct hire Job Description
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? Here, you can have both.
That's because our people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges -and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. We are different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with nocommercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create a lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day, working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. The newly established AI Security and Perception Department within the Artificial Intelligence and Autonomy Innovation Center consist of a multi-generational, diverse team united by a passion and a sense of urgency to harness AI to help solve problems in the public interest. We discover, create, lead through empowering an inclusive community of collaborative innovators, learners, and technical creatives.
We're looking for people with a lifelong commitment to learning, who are passionate about harnessing artificial intelligence to make a positive impact in the world. We've built a supportive and inclusive environment where collaboration is encouraged, and learning is shared freely. We value our diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds, and perspectives and harness these qualities to discover connections, solve problems, and create extraordinary impact.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics,
- Cybersecurity, or related technical field
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- 8+ years' work experience in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, statistics,
- and/or related fields
- Hands-on experience using tools such as: C/C++, Python, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, dlib,
- and database languages
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills are required for both internal and sponsor-facing communications
As a Lead Artificial Intelligence Engineer, you will:
- Advanced degree in a related field of study.
- Candidates that possess a current/active US Government clearance are preferred.
- Proven experience with Statistical Methods, Neural Networks, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Privacy, Trust & Safety, Software Engineering or similar.
- Be part of a team developing and implementing AI algorithms to help address critical national and global challenges like global health, climate change, and national security.
- Develop and use modern software engineering techniques to develop AI-related software.
- Maintain knowledge of advances in AI capabilities in industry and academia.
- Evaluate AI solutions and compare them to sponsor requirements and needs.
- Contribute to the technical work program of one or more projects and provide technical guidance and quality products focused on successful. sponsor outcomes, strong leadership, and transition of research results to sponsor operations.
- Provide exemplary leadership, caring mentorship, and collaborative technical advice to staff.
This position requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):About 11th Hour Service:
11th Hour Service was founded in 2006 by two Veterans, and alumni of Big 4 and large multinational consulting firms. Originally established as an executive head hunting and staffing firm - 11th Hour Search - our team developed a unique, proactive, and swift proprietary talent identification process rooted in excellence, but always grounded in quality, which is now known as the TMC (Talent Management Center).Our Talent Management Center (TMC) is a fully equipped headhunting, search, and recruitment service that serves external industry clients as well as the Federal Advisory practice of 11th Hour Service. 11th Hour Service's Federal Advisory practice is a culture-driven firm specialized in bringing cradle-to-grave financial management, technology & data analytics solutions, and enterprise risk services to both DoD and Civilian customers. Our solutions focus on the key connections between finance and accounting, operations, technology, and risk. Our responsiveness, flexible style, and rapid access to proven professionals make us an invaluable business partner and advisor.The expertise of the TMC delivers permanent and contract placement of full-time professionals from junior resources to C-Suite executives in the following industries: Clinical Healthcare - Healthcare & Clinical RecruitmentHospitals, Clinics, Outpatient, and In-Home Care: •Clinical Leadership •Physicians•Advanced Practitioners•Nursing •Medical Imaging & Radiology•Medical Assistants•Behavioral Health Finance & Accounting - Audit, Operations & CFO (Assurance, Advisory, M&A, Tax)Salesforce, ServiceNow, Cloud Platform integrations (AWS, GCP, Azure, Oracle, SAP)Federal Government Contracting - Defense, Civilian, and Intelligence Enterprise Resource Planning Integration- Functional and Technical Software Development, IT, & Cyber Security Logistics & Supply Chain Management Sales & Marketing Executives