Job DescriptionSenior Research Associate, Discovery Biology
PepGen is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate with a strong background in cellular and molecular biology to join the Discovery Biology team. This position will report to the Director, Discovery Biology and contribute to the development and execution of assays for the function, activity, and quantification of PepGen's proprietary Enhanced Delivery Oligonucleotides (EDOs) in support of both platform and portfolio projects. This person will also support ongoing efforts to elucidate the structure-activity relationship and mechanism of action of next-generation molecules. The Senior Research Associate will collaborate extensively as part of an innovative team of scientists with expertise in developing mechanistic insight into disease biology in the space of neuromuscular and neurological indications in addition to other rare genetic diseases. The ideal candidate will need to be flexible to changing priorities/timelines and have strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills.Responsibilities:
- Develop and perform assays for high throughput screening of a panel of novel oligonucleotide-peptide conjugates
- Perform assays for the detection and quantitation of peptides and oligonucleotides from cells and tissues
- Produce data that contributes to the selection of new EDOs for the treatment of multiple therapeutic targets
- Establish cellular and biochemical assays to elucidate the mechanism of action of next-generation peptides in different cellular contexts
- Perform molecular techniques including DNA/RNA isolation, cloning, PCR, qRT-PCR, gene expression analysis, cell line engineering as needed
- Identify and characterize target-appropriate cell models for proof-of-concept analysis
- Utilize compounds and gene silencing tools (e.g. RNAi) to dissect target function
- Interact and collaborate with preclinical and chemistry team members to coordinate sample transfer and timelines that support drug discovery and development program progression.
- Independent analysis and interpretation of data, careful documentation of experiments and presentation of results within the company
- BSc with 5-8+ yrs., or MSc with 3-6+ yrs. experience in cell biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- Proficiency with mammalian tissue culture techniques in immortalized and primary cell cultures
- Experience with in vitro cell-based assays using mammalian cell lines or primary cells
- Expertise in biochemical assay development, including gene expression analysis (qPCR), western blot, ELISA, high content IF imaging, multiplex protein analysis, flow cytometry and cell-based assays using a variety of readout technologies (e.g. fluorescence, luminescence, AlphaLISA)
- Molecular techniques including DNA/RNA isolation, cloning, and PCR/ qRT-PCR
- Experience in neuromuscular and/or CNS drug discovery strongly preferred
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines is required
- Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential
We are a biotechnology company advancing next-generation oligonucleotide therapies for neuromuscular diseases. Our ambition is to unlock the potential of nucleic acid therapeutics by leveraging the drug delivery capabilities of our proprietary Enhanced Delivery Oligonucleotide (EDO) platform. We are applying this technology across a wide range of indications through independent and partnered development pathways and are rapidly growing our team, especially at our U.S. headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
PepGen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
PepGen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. PepGen will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause PepGen undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others.
Powered by JazzHR