Job DescriptionSalary: $45,000 to $60,000, depending on industry experience, education, and competency
Seeking a team player who can thrive in a fast-paced and high pressured work environment to join our robust, hardworking, intelligent, responsible, adaptive, positive, accountable, and amazing team! The successful candidate has the drive to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressured work environment. This is an excellent position for entry-level graduates to experienced microbiologists who wish to gain valuable experience and grow professionally in a third-party laboratory industry. ARL is looking for a laboratory technician or experienced microbiologist who is highly motivated, has great desire to learn, a quick learner, competent, meticulous, and tech-savvy with excellent communication and organizational skills to join our amazing team.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This position reports to the Team Lead or Lab Manager. While working closely with ARL leadership team and under the supervision of the director, you will be responsible for the following primary duties and responsibilities:
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
- Conduct microbiology testing on time and accurately
- Read and interpret microbiological results by established and USP methods
- Maintain instrumentation
- Pass all required proficiency tests
- Closely monitor retesting and timely reporting of results on a daily basis
- Ensure all results are reported on time, every time
- Maintain knowledge, skills, capability, and availability to fill any role and responsibility within areas of supervision, whenever necessary
- Ability and willingness to cover any shift, whenever needed
- Ensure the laboratory operates safely according to established policies and procedures
- Work closely and collaboratively with QA/QC team to investigate non-conformities for operations of the Micro Lab, and execute timely corrective actions to resolve all issues
- Participate in safety and quality audits, and accreditation preparation for the Microbiology Lab
- Perform and/or assign granular investigations as appropriate to assist with responding to client inquiries (i.e., OOS results, missing data, etc.)
- Follow all administrative protocols for purchasing, Human Resources, and legal compliance
- Write, review, and revise SOP's, if necessary
- When necessary and appropriate, work closely with team leads to assist in writing, reviewing, and revising SOP's
- Engage in weekly or bi-weekly personal 1-on-1 sessions and bi-annual performance reviews to track wins, losses, progress, and interventions
- Maintain a state of organization, cleanliness, and audit readiness in the Micro Lab
- Demonstrate accountability and responsibility for all areas of stewardship by being an active team player
- Cultivate an environment of exceptionalism and pride in the work we do at ARL by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism, work ethic, teamwork, fairness, timeliness, respect, leadership presence, accountability, responsiveness, and two-way communication
- Execute best practices and judgment in increasing team morale
- Be in compliance with ARL's human resource policies and procedures in executing management decisions and managerial practices
- Complete leadership and HR policy trainings in a satisfactory manner, as assigned
- On-time rating (calculated on testing services and results reporting meeting due dates, if not requiring additional testing). Goal: 99%
- Limited number of quality control failures. Goal: 0
- Limit need to push or delay sample testing due to missing or expire inventory. Goal: 0
- Limit number of critical incidents requiring incident report. Goal: 0
- Successful completion of managerial trainings: 100%
- Successful completion of proficiency tests: 100%
MINIMUM JOB EXPECTATIONS:
- Minimum of 1 year of direct experience in reading and interpreting microbiological testing results by USP 61/62 and USP 2021/2022 methods, preferably in the dietary supplement industry.
- Preferred: 3 years of direct experience in reading and interpreting microbiological testing results by USP 61/62 and USP 2021/2022 methods, preferably in the dietary supplement industry.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Food Science, Genetics, or a related field of science
- Preferred Experience: 3 years of in-depth knowledge and advanced knowledge of laboratory techniques and advanced understanding of laboratory procedures
- Demonstrated experience in professional presentations
- Demonstrated experience in conducting successful team trainings and passing required proficiency tests
- Demonstrate high level of emotional stability and professionalism in the workplace
- Track record of successful multi-tasking
- Track record of successful team mobilization and leadership
- Track record of being a team player
- Track record of successful project management
- Track record of excellent organizational skills
- Proven working knowledge of areas of stewardship
- Clear understanding of the importance of maintaining a clean workspace by following approved procedures and laboratory regulations for testing, health, and safety
- Ability to communicate professionally and work collaboratively with all levels of leadership, across departments and management group, and with team members
- Demonstrate willingness, versatility, and flexibility to grow with a growing company
- Demonstrate ability to balance team advocacy with the best interest of the company
- Demonstrate ability to successfully fulfill and represent company's vision, goals, objectives, and culture
- Able to converse fluently in English, verbally and in writing.
- Competency in industry-specific or industry-related laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Be able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Willingness and ability to travel to manage satellite labs
- Able to work within a schedule that allows for testing to be completed and reported on time.
- Must be able to work 5 days a week onsite (This is not a remote work position.)
- Available to work weekends whenever necessary
- Available to cover shifts in any area of stewardship whenever necessary, and be the first line of defense.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and laboratory equipment.
- Abide by ARL's drug testing, background check, and drug-free policies.
- Comply with ARL quality protocols.
- Follow work schedule and attendance/time off requirements.
- Comply with ARL's values and workplace policies
- Communicate professionally with team members and leadership to resolve any issues.
- Contribute to a positive and ethical work environment.
- Follow established and proper procedure for conflict resolution.
- Able to handle fast-paced, high-pressured work demands with confidence and professionalism.
COMPENSATION COMMENSURATES WITH INDUSTRY-RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION.