Science Systems and Applications, Inc (SSAI) is seeking a Scientific Programmer/Analyst to support the Ocean Biology Processing Group (OBPG) (http://oceancolor.gsfc.nasa.gov) at the Goddard Space Flight Center. This position will support the OBPG in the development, integration, testing, and verification of algorithms for the retrieval of geophysical products from spaceborne multispectral and hyperspectral radiometers and polarimeters. Required Qualifications:
- Degree in Physical Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the development of scientific data processing software in a UNIX/Linux environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with scientific programming in C/C++, Fortran, or Python
- Must be eligible for unescorted access to NASA facilities
EOE, including disability/vets
- Experience in bio-optical oceanography (ocean color) or atmospheric science (aerosol, clouds)
- Experience in passive remote sensing in the visible to shortwave infrared, and satellite sensor data processing and analysis
- Experience with implementation and application of machine learning approaches and Bayesian inference techniques