Job DescriptionCompany Description
Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 230,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021. www.veolia.com
The HSS Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of HSS programs to ensure the safety, health, and security of employees, visitors, and contractors. Works with Business Unit management, site leaders, HR and others to ensure sustainable HSS performance. Develops and implements HSS standards and procedures as needed and collaborates with the business on compliance, project management and contractor oversight. Develops predictive risk analysis to identify critical hazards and provides preventative actions to mitigate potential risk. Deploys safety, security, industrial hygiene processes and procedures that demonstrate continuous improvement. Manages the development of an organization that covers multiple sites and delivers HSS excellence. Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
Implement corporate initiatives at the Business Unit (BU) level. Ensures contractors are qualified for onsite work, follow OSHA, EPA and Company HSS regulations and requirements, and provides oversight of work activities. Conducts regular reviews of facilities and work sites identifying unsafe conditions and hazards, works with management to resolve issues. Has responsibility for Contractor Oversight within BU. Directs security integration for locations within the BU, interface with local emergency response organizations, interacts with Federal agencies as required. Chair for Safety Subcommittee teams and strive to improve the HS culture of all facilities. Works with EHS Training Manager to identify required and requested courses and ensures training plan is communicated and implemented as planned. BU lead for Intelex (EHS Event Reporting) and ensures events are processed in a timely manner meeting company time constraints and requirements. Provides review and feedback on proposed projects along with due diligence of acquisitions. Lead for inspections, audits, and site reviews with regulatory and security agencies at the local state and federal level.
Serve as the contact for the Environmental Compliance Assurance Program (ECAP).
The role will require working with corporate, legal, financial, engineering, and operations management teams to accelerate and improve the effectiveness of our HSS activities and ensure that events are reported in a timely and responsible manner. Manage investigations of all incidents ensuring root cause analysis are completed along with capturing and sharing lessons learned from the events. Working with HR and the Workers Compensation Specialist, ensures Workers Comp process is adequately and timely managed providing all requested information within company guidelines. Partners with HR on accident investigations ensuring consistent application of findings.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications :
Special Skills/Abilities Needed :
- BS Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or Mechanical/ Chemical/ Civil/ Environmental Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years' experience in HSS compliance in General Industry and Construction
- 5 or more years management experience and ability to work independently
- Effective communication both verbal and written and implementation skills with a customer oriented focus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with management.
- Computer skills with Microsoft and Google Work Space
- Past experience as a Field Health, Safety, and Security professional on construction projects
- Experience with OSHA record keeping guidelines and administration
- OSHA 30 completion
- CPR/AED Trainer
- Experience with State Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Police, etc.
- Experience with Emergency Response Plan development and implementation, ICS trained.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization with diplomacy
- Effective soft skills in communicating effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Working knowledge of federal environmental (EPA), health and safety (OSHA), and security (DHS) and corresponding State regulations.
- Strong leadership, communication, technical and presentation skills required
- Effective in Influencing change across functional and demographic boundaries
- Ability to delegate and manage multiple responsibilities effectively
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement activities and programs leveraging processes, tools, and best practices
- Demonstrated experience in managing cultural change across an organization utilizing multiple approaches to help employees adopt and implement sustained change
- Budget, cost management, strategic planning and leadership experience
VNA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, citizenship status or other protected group status as defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants opportunities for advancement according to their individual abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected category. No opportunity for hire, advancement or any other condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful discriminatory practices.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.