As an Environmental Health & Safety Officer (EHS Officer), you will create, implement, and maintain Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs for our growing list of life science and high-tech clients. Your time will be spent on-site with our clients, developing and implementing customized safety programs in hazard communication, biosafety, chemical safety, emergency preparedness, radiation safety, and facilities safety. You will interact with visionaries, researchers, and senior management at leading firms in a fast-paced and highly varied environment. Being comfortable working with clients, from technicians to CEOs, in a diverse range of corporate cultures is essential!
We take pride in our staff having a strong science background. Being able to speak peer-to-peer is critical to our clients. As former scientists with a continual passion for learning, our consultants understand what EHS policies and procedures can mean to experiments, timelines, and new products and procedures.
If you are self-motivated, adaptable, willing to constantly learn, and want to be an "expert generalist" in EHS for life sciences, come join us!Job Responsibilities
- Hands-on development and implementation of client EHS programs, including: Biosafety, Chemical Safety, Radiation Safety, Hazard Communication, Emergency Preparedness, Additional OSHA specific safety programs as needed.
- Establishment and maintenance of EHS permits and licenses in compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Conduct Job Safety Analyses for hazardous materials processes.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to analyze and evaluate the proper handling of biological materials.
- Work with clients' staff to develop a culture of EHS and worker safety by expanding and writing policies, procedures, instructions and manuals.
- Coordinate and facilitate safety committees.
- Prepare and deliver training to fulfill regulatory requirements and ensure clients' employees are fully aware of the safety program.
- Maintain complete documentation of all aspects of the EHS program.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree; Biology or Chemistry degrees strongly preferred.
- Master's degree or PhD in Life Sciences desired.
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting (biotechnology, pharmaceutical research, academic science, or medical technology science preferred) or EHS related work experience.
- Must have valid driver's license, ability to commute to various locations on a daily basis, and potentially multiple locations during the workday.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with multiple clients and regulatory agencies.
- Must be highly organized with strong prioritization skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to be productive and resilient in a dynamic and fast-paced consulting environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Service oriented with a positive attitude.
- Strong initiative to dig into resources efficiently and effectively.
- Comfort working in both an independent and collaborate environment.