LifeMine Therapeutics is reinventing drug discovery by mining fungal biodiversity to develop novel therapeutics to address previously intractable therapeutic challenges. Through its drug discovery engine and proprietary fungal strain collections, LifeMine has discovered, in the genomic space, hundreds of potentially high-impact drug candidates relevant to targets across all major disease areas. With operations in Cambridge and Gloucester, Massachusetts, LifeMine's initial focus is on highly impactful medicines in oncology and immune modulation.Responsibilities
- Develop and execute approaches to evaluate drug activity, mechanism and translatability; design and execute experiments; accurately record, analyze, and present data to project team and other stakeholders
- Influence LifeMine's drug target selection and evaluation process
- Develop and run assays to address key questions and drive the drug discovery process
- Collaborate across functional teams to efficiently identify drug candidates and move them to the clinic
- Maintain relationships with external CROs to support our research goals
- PhD. in Biology, Biochemistry, or Pharmacology with 3+ years drug discovery experience, ideally with oncology programs
- Demonstrated track record of providing significant biological insights to drug discovery efforts, especially in the areas of oncology and cell signaling
- Expertise in cellular and molecular biology techniques including mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, qPCR, Western blotting, and microscopy
- Experience optimizing and developing medium- to high-throughput cell-based mechanistic and in vitro/ex vivo functional assays
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art cell assay technologies e.g. AlphaLISA, HTRF, MSD, In-Cell Western, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a fast-paced team environment
LifeMine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. We kindly request no solicitations by agencies or firms regarding this role.