Myeloid Therapeutics is an immunology company focused on combining biology insights with cutting-edge technologies to harness myeloid cells and eradicate cancer and other diseases. With broad clinical applications possible, the Company is presently advancing its cell therapy product candidates, derived from its ATAKTM platform technology, with initial applications in T cell lymphoma and a primed monocyte approach to treating glioblastoma. The ATAKTM platform is scalable to multiple treatment modalities and to other disease areas. Company was founded based on technology from the laboratories of Ronald Vale and Siddhartha Mukherjee and includes a blue-ribbon syndicate of investors led by Newpath Partners. Myeloid Therapeutics is headquartered in Cambridge, MA.
We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology. The individual will join our Discovery Research team and apply his/her molecular biology techniques to the tasks of molecular cloning, DNA/RNA isolation, RNA in vitro transcription, mammalian cell culture and transfections. The candidate will play a key role in advancing the company's discovery research efforts and has opportunity to learn and acquire cutting-edge knowledge and skills involving cell therapy and in vivo gene therapy. The candidate is expected to be detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Molecular cloning tasks (plasmid digestion, purification, ligation, transformation and sequencing).
- In vitro transcription to produce RNA from DNA template.
- RNA/DNA extraction, purification and assays that include TaqMan qPCR and RT-qPCR assay
- Mammalian cell culture and cell transfection.
- Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory; Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation.
Qualifications and Education:
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of laboratory experience; Experience in biotechnology or pharma industry is preferred.
- Knowledge and laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, including cloning, DNA/RNA extraction and in vitro transcription are required.
- Familiarity with mammalian cell culture, transfection and cell-based assays is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment and adapt to the changes in discovery program requirement.
- Attention to detail and meticulous hands are both highly desired