Senior Scientist, Molecular AssaysSan Diego, CAIntroduction
An exciting Biotech team based in Southern California, with a key focus in the field of programmed cellular immunotherapy for cancer and immune disorders are looking for a Senior Scientist to join their Molecular Engineering Group.
With investment from fortune 500 companies, such as Vanguard and Johnson & Johnson the team are working on several clinical trials in multiple indications.
As the Senior Scientist you will be managing and developing a core team dedicated to providing molecular biology support for iPSC master cell banks. You will work cross-functionally with different teams within the company (R&D, Process Development, Manufacturing, Analytics) .This role will offer you
You will be responsible for
- The opportunity to join a growing, dynamic, and innovative science company
- Desirable working environment with career growth opportunities
- Great benefits and annual Bonus
- Competitive Salary
You will bring the following
- Support process development and manufacturing runs of master cell bank generation by screening, characterization, and release testing using molecular biology assays including conventional PCR, qPCR, ddPCR and sequencing
- Lead a team to provide core molecular biology support to iPSC master cell bank generation
- Coordinate with QA/Facilities/Manufacturing to establish controlled lab and protocols for GMP production of plasmids
- Design, optimize, and validate assays and establish quality-controlled SOP
- Ph.D. / M.S./ B.S. degree in Molecular Biology or related discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience in industry
- Expertise in design, optimization, qualification, and troubleshooting of conventional PCR, qPCR, ddPCR assays
- Knowledge of standard methodology in analysis of outcome of genetic engineering
- Experience working with cGMP compliant/quality-controlled procedures
For more information about this opportunity, please apply to the role directly or send an email to email@example.com.