- Design, build and modify potential therapeutic reagents using advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Assemble potential therapeutic reagents into plasmids or other vectors by performing molecular cloning protocols including Gibson assembly, Golden Gate reactions and site directed mutagenesis etc.
- Perform molecular biology assays and techniques, including PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid minipreps etc.
- Experience in generation of highly complex plasmid DNA libraries (e.g. sgRNA libraries) for screening
- Designing and ordering oligos/primers/probes/gBlocks as needed for various projects.
- Participate and present data in project team meetings.
- B.S. or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or related fields with 0-2 years of relevant industry or academic experience.
- Highly skilled in current DNA assembly approaches, including Gibson, Golden Gate, electroporation, round the horn site directed mutagenesis, sanger sequencing etc.
- Experience in using molecular biology software like Benchling/Snapgene etc.
- Previous experience of handling plasmids for Lentivirus, AAV and associated plasmids.
- Hands on experience with genome editing technologies like CRISPR/Cas9, TALEN, transposons etc.
- Previous Experience in laboratory automation is a plus.
- Experience with mRNA production via IVT a plus.
- Must be organized, self-motivated, proactive, works well under pressure and deadlines, detail oriented
- Ability to interact with internal and external contacts at all levels of management including Executives and Senior Management
The Planet Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.