The Biomarkers group is seeking a highly motivated Sr Scientist to lead the discovery and characterization of novel imaging agents to measure key molecular targets involved in Neurorepair and Neuroinflammation. You will also study the distribution of drug candidates and of their molecular targets to address questions related to drugs pharmacokinetic profile, their engagement with targets and their pharmacodynamic properties.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Identify and validate key targets involved in Neurorepair and Neuroinflammation that will be amenable to PET imaging
- Design and evaluate radiolabeled small molecules and biologics
- Maintain a network of internal external collaborators (academic and industrial) and in the fields of Neuroscience research, radio-pharmacology, drug development sciences and molecular imaging
- Provide training, leadership, and supervision to junior scientific staff.
You will be involved in the discovery and clinical validation of imaging tools and methods based on low molecular weight probes as well as macromolecules. You will have scientific hands-on expertise, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology including animal handling.Required Skills
- PhD with 2+ years of post-doctoral training OR Masters degree with 5+ years of post-doctoral training in Neurobiology, Neuroimmunology, Pharmacology, or related discipline
- Deep understanding of the biology behind Neurorepair and Neuroinflammation
- In vitro (cell culture) and in vivo (Handling, dosing) experience
- Strong publication record in international peer-reviewed journals
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills and strong capabilities in experimental design and execution
- 1-2 year experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Focus on Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and/or CNS
The Clinical Sciences - Imaging group of Biogen is a multi-disciplinary team responsible for the discovery and clinical characterization of imaging-based biomarkers supporting Biogen portfolio of programs across all therapeutic areas including Alzheimer's disease and dementia, Parkinson's disease, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and multiple sclerosis.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us?as?a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients' lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.