Job Description - QC Microbiology Technician positionSupervisor Title: QC Manager Position Type: Full timeLocation: Union Agener, Inc. - Augusta, GA 30901Position Description
· Preparation of media and reagents for microbiological testing
· Utility monitoring (Water for injection system, Purified water system, Cooling tower water system, Glycol system, Clean steam system, Clean air system, Clean nitrogen system, Process air system)
· Environmental monitoring of clean room areas [Non-viable air monitoring (includes biohoods, aseptic filling areas, and isolators), Viable air monitoring (includes biohoods, aseptic filling areas, and isolators), and Viable surface monitoring (includes biohoods, aseptic filling areas, and isolators)].
· Biocontainment monitoring (Fermentation, Purification, and Isolation) (Viable air monitoring, Viable surface monitoring, and Phage monitoring)
· Assists in the timely initiation of any environmental non-conformance (action limit) and alert limit reports for product-related issues
· Product testing (Bioburden testing, Sterility testing, and Endotoxin testing)
· Bioprocess support (Pre-inoculation bioburden, In-process fermentation, and In-process and final bioburden screening)
· Laboratory maintenance (Stock culture maintenance, Media performance testing, Equipment maintenance and calibration, Data and records maintenance, and Procedure and method reviews)
· Assists in the maintenance of laboratory requirements, including reagents and supplies.
· Performs all activities in a safe and conscientious manner. Maintains a clean environment and assists with periodic lab clean-ups, and moving of equipment and laboratory supplies
· Able to handle change productively and handle other tasks as assigned.Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):Education:
· B.S. Degree in a biological science preferred or equivalent experience with a minimum of one to two (2) semesters of microbiology.Experience:
· One to two (2) years laboratory experienceAdditional Preferences:Experience:
· Pharmaceutical Industry experience preferred.Required Skills:
· Computer skills (SAP, Excel, Access, etc.) a plus.
Other Information: Physical Requirements:
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must work around chemicals, bacteria, biohazards, and dust.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Those associated with sedentary work. Must work around chemicals, bacteria, biohazards, and dust. Must be able to climb stair and ladders when required.
- Must be able to perform and review work in a manufacturing plant environment.