The RegO EHS Manager is responsible for leading the safety strategy and culture for the manufacturing facilities. The incumbent will plan, align, and progress the EHS function and objectives to align with strategic goals and culture, as well as to drive leadership frameworks, risk analysis, employee safety, program initiatives, corrective actions, continuous improvement and corporate accountability.
· Develops strategic plans in collaboration with business and functional needs
· Manage action plans by site to hold site leaders accountable to short term and long term goals
· Implement KPIs to ensure compliance with strategic safety incidents goals for OPW
· Champion continuous improvement efforts in safety performance and the communication skills critical to empowering employees at all levels of the organization
· Provide direction and operational guidance to build and foster a safety culture committed to safe work practices, health and wellness, incident and accident prevention, regulatory compliance, and environmental management and sustainability.
· Oversee RegO EHS team, providing training, direction, and support, data analysis reports, regulatory interpretations and guidance on all safety and health policies and programs of critical importance to overall corporate objectives, operations, and profitability.
· Lead/train team to interpret, evaluate, and provide technical guidance on project safety requirements, accident investigation, and implementing corrective action measures.
· Partner with external vendors to address key areas of risk (i.e. insurance).
· Conduct comprehensive on-site hazard and risk assessments, safety audits, and equipment inspections to mitigate risk for all global sites.
· Develop, evaluate and oversee onsite worker training on safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment at all global manufacturing locations.
· Oversee and enforce compliance with OSHA, NFPA, EPA and DOT and other relevant regulations in accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
· Develop and provide regular metric reporting to measure effectiveness of compliance and training programs to the Executive Leadership Team.
· Manage the Company's occupational health programs in accordance with statutory guidelines and contractual requirements.
· Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data related to occupational illness and accidents.
· Develop/review health and safety policies and procedures including those pertaining to hazardous materials and work areas.
Minimum Education, Experience, Skills
· BS in environmental sciences, occupational health and safety; CSP preferred
· 5+ years EHS leadership experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
· Prior experience in successfully building and managing an EHS team is preferred
· Demonstrated expert compliance and regulatory knowledge and industry best practices
· Strategic thinker with creative and excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
· Excellent analytical skills with an ability to critically interpret and use scientific and clinical data to effectively collaborate with site operations, functional leaders and external clients and vendors