Senior Associate Scientist, T Cell BiologyAbout Sonoma Biotherapeutics:
Sonoma Biotherapeutics is a South San Francisco and Seattle-based company leading the development of adoptive Treg therapies cell for autoimmune and degenerative diseases. Using next-generation genome editing and target-specific cell therapy, Sonoma is focused on developing its best-in-class platform across the entire spectrum of Treg cell therapeutic capabilities. Founded by pioneers in Treg biology and cell therapy, the company brings together leading expertise and proprietary methodologies for the discovery and development of disease modifying and curative therapies. More information at www.sonomabio.com.Job Purpose/Summary:
We are seeking an independent and self-motivated Senior Associate Scientist to be a contribute to our synthetic biology projects in the Product Validation group in Seattle. You will aid in the project strategy design, execution and reporting of data for IND enabling studies. The ideal candidate will bring new ideas to the table around assay development for implementing in our products, think outside the box, and be motivated to apply science-based concepts into new cellular products. The incumbent should be highly independent with expertise in T cell-based assays. We would like candidates with a strong immunology background and initiative to dive into a fast-paced new startup.Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Evaluate and implement a variety of immunology-based assays to be integrated into project work streams
- Be hands on in the lab working on all aspects of primary cell therapy product evaluation, from production of the initial product to all the testing and reporting required for IND submission
- Creative design of new assays for evaluating cellular therapy products in the context of hard to treat autoimmune indications - must be ready for a challenge!
- Manage projects independently and aid in their experimental design and execution
- Willing to wear many hats as is expected in a startup environment
- Work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team and help mentor others
- BS +7 (MS + 5 years) experience in immunology, molecular biology or related discipline with relevant lab comprehension.
A day in the life:
- Assay development
- Efficiency across conventional assays for immunology; in vitro proliferation, multiparameter flow cytometry including ICS, ELISA
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques as they pertain to cell line development, gene delivery, and PCR.
- Generation of stable and transient cell lines
- Previous experience with engineered T cells and/or regulatory T cells a plus
A typical day in this role would involve work in the lab alongside team members and meeting with leaders of the company to set strategy around cell therapy projects. In addition, leading a specific project that involves setting the work plan, developing and coordinating the strategy and communicating the data within and outside the company. Sonoma Biotherapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Sonoma Biotherapeutics, we believe that the highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive culture for all employees.
Sonoma Biotherapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
We've learned from experience that some of the best people don't always match our requirements perfectly - if you're interested and think you could fit, please don't hesitate to apply. Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - resumes may also be submitted without applying for a specific job.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at email@example.com.