We are celebrating 50 years of sweet success and just hit $1B in sales. At J&J Snack Foods, our motto is Fun.Served.Here. We believe in working hard, but having a little fun while you do it.
We offer a benefits package that is almost second-to-none that includes 401k eligibility after just 30 days of employment and a 100% Tuition Reimbursement program.Position Overview:
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager is responsible for the overall planning, organization, implementation, and coordination of safety, health and environmental initiatives at the Hill & Valley facility.Position Details:
- Implement, and manage all EHS programs, procedures, policies, and standards in a manner that ensures compliance to Federal, State, Local, Customer, and Corporate EHS requirements and regulations.
- Stimulate and cultivate "a zero-incident mentality" throughout the facility.
- Be a daily presence in the facility to identify potential employee exposures to injuries and illnesses and institutes safe work practices/procedures.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, identify and evaluate potential hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk.
- Develop, implement and administer annual safety training programs in compliance with OSHA guidelines and corporate guidelines. Record and track all safety training.
- Conduct accident investigations, near misses and property damage incidents to identify root cause analysis and develop effective corrective actions.
- Collaboratively work with Human Resources regarding worker's compensation claims and injury management.
- Ensure OSHA Log is kept current.
- Collaborate with HR Manager regarding disciplinary warnings for safety violations.
- Perform Risk Assessments
- Write and edit/update Job Hazard Analysis
- Manage environmental program including inspections, record-keeping, and compliance.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute all environmental and safety-related reports in compliance with OSHA, legal and corporate reporting requirements.
- Participate in OSHA inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures as directed.
- Communicate Company safety requirements to onsite vendors and audit compliance.
- Develop, implement, and annually review departmental SOPs.
- Participate in internal and external compliance audits.
- Facilitate monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Assist in developing work procedures.
- Ensure safety projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Proactively stay abreast of changing and/or evolving safety matters, trends and changes to laws and regulations that impact the facility.
- Supervise Safety Coordinator and mentor in all aspects of safety, training, OSHA guidelines/compliance and worker's compensation.
- Manage first aid supplies for facilities.
- Responsible for food safety and quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving/critical thinking, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to use data to drive decisions.
- Ability to remain organized while handling several projects and tasks independently in fast-paced environment.
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and alignment with Company mission, vision, values, and operating principles.