The EHS Director is responsible for designing, developing, documenting, implementing, and maintaining the policies, programs, and procedures for CTC Global's Environmental Health and Safety management system. He/she will ensure that the company is compliant with OSHA, EPA, AQMD, DOT, and all applicable federal, local, state, and country standards and regulations. He/she is responsible for employees' safety at work and the use of proper safeguards. He/she will lead the effort required to make the company ISO14001 certified at all company manufacturing locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates actively and enforces policies, procedures, and instructions to achieve compliance and drive improvement within the EHS programs.
• Implements and maintains the EHS programs. Responsible for compliance with all applicable EHS and corporate management goals.
• Must be able to work occasionally with customers and manage outside contractors, and agencies.
• Ensures that all applicable internal and external reporting requirements are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Conducts workplace surveys, safety audits, and assessments. Advises management of conditions requiring corrective action and works with them to develop solutions and follow-up.
• Delivers EHS briefings and training sessions as appropriate to fulfill regulatory requirements and foster a safe working environment for all employees.
• Works closely with each international facilities' Health and Safety (HS) Manager to assure global EHS requirements are applied consistently.
• Performs accident investigations to determine probable cause and produces and maintains necessary documentation and permits.
• Assures every plant/facility maintains required site permits and licenses.
• Leads the organization to achieve ISO14001 certification across all facilities.
• Maintains required records in accordance with regulatory, and local requirements, such as PPE, training, certifications, inspections, audits, etc.
• Conduct training, and audits and establish regular communication and reporting rigor.
• Follow through on all open issues, coordinate with multiple departments to identify root cause, drive corrective action and ensure adherence.
• Degree in a related discipline and 10 years of experience in an EHS role. and ISO14001 environmental programs.
• 5+ years of managerial experience
• Experience with OSHA programs such as IIP, Haz-Comm, Ergonomics, Lockout-Tag-out, Emergency Response, Powered Industrial Trucks, and other related OSHA requirements stated in 29 CFR 1910.
• Experience working in multiple locations, including international sites.
• Ability and desire to work in varied environments including office, outdoors, manufacturing, Lab, etc.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Technology savvy and proficient in MS tools
• OSHA certification
• Familiar with Process Safety Management
• Experience in manufacturing and warehouse facilities.
Benefits for all full-time employees include:
Medical (HMO/PPO Plan Options)
Group Term Life Insurance (CTC pays 100% of the premium)
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability (CTC pays 100% of the premium)
Flexible Spending Account
15 paid vacation days (more after 5 years)
9 paid holidays
3 paid sick leave days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $130,000.00 per year