is a preclinical biotechnology company based in Cambridge, MA applying proprietary insights in thymic engineering to develop and commercialize immune cell therapy products addressing significant opportunities with unmet clinical need across immunology. Building on work from leading labs, Thymmune has strong IP positioning and is backed by early investors and founders of successful high-profile biotechnology companies.Role Description
Our innovation and value-driven organization is seeking to hire a Research Associate to join our rapidly growing team. Candidates with PhD and required qualifications will be considered for entry-level scientist role. This position requires broad technical experience in stem cell biology, with knowledge of biomaterial engineering and immunology preferred, and a strong emphasis on an industrial mindset underpinned by critical thinking, multitasking, and the ability to rapidly learn new techniques. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing a milestone-based scientific plan spanning experimentation, data analysis, presentation, and participation in strategic planning in industrializing and standardizing process development for our lead cell therapy candidate.
Working independently, under the general supervision of senior personnel, the Research Associate will perform highly specialized experimental procedures involving in vitro and in vivo protocols, advanced molecular genetics, and cellular biology techniques. The Research Associate will perform advanced data analysis using advanced statistical techniques. They will also participate in the design and modification of research protocols. The successful candidate will compose, and potentially present, sections of research reports and manuscripts.
Our research focus is on tissue and organ generation. To assist with this goal, the Research Associate will coordinate laboratory activities and undertake quality assurance programs. As a part of our research team, they will help to identify markers and sort cells and evaluate the safety and efficacy of cell profiles for immunotherapy. The person in this role will also analyze samples generated from human induced pluripotent stem cells, and use clinically relevant bioengineered cell preparations in animal transplantation models.Key Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Strong experimental skills, including human pluripotent stem cell culture and working knowledge of biomaterials
- Support studies incorporating cells in biomaterial to evaluate cell response and survival in vitro and engraftment in vivo
- Maintain tissue cultures and cell lines in a variety of experimental conditions; monitor cell cultures for viability and contamination.
- Independently conduct molecular biology procedures, such as FACS, biomarker screening, conventional PCR, real time PCR, western blotting, immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence staining.
- Support in vivo work with animal models including set-up and bioengineering of cell preparations for transplantation, tissue collection at necropsy, tissue imaging, and other specialized techniques.
- Participate in the design and modification/troubleshooting of research protocols.
- Calculate and analyze data using statistical techniques
- Maintain tissue culture and molecular biology supplies and reagents and help order new supplies and minor equipment.
- Coordinate laboratory compliance and procedures in the areas of safety, environmental, and infection control.
- Supervise the orientation and training of new laboratory staff and interns.
- Bachelor/Masters (non-PhD) of Science required for RA-II role/ PhD of Science required for Scientist-I role, ideally in fields such as regenerative medicine, biomaterial and bioengineering or related discipline.
- Experience with PCR and flow cytometry preferred.
- Knowledge of immunology in animal models and experience with animal work.
- Proficient with tissue culture techniques.
- High degree of computer literacy, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to structure tasks and set priorities logically and effectively.
- Highly motivated and able to perform experiments independently
- Ability to identify potential problems and troubleshoot solutions.
- Ability to analyze data statistically and present it.
- Must have a broad knowledge of scientific principles, biological structures, and laboratory techniques.
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with others.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 3 references available upon request.