The Environment, Health, & Safety Manager will be responsible for programs and practices that ensure the safety, health and environment for the company's employees. The EHS Manager, along with the support of the entire organization will be on the front line in promoting and ensuring Safety compliance, factory safety and risk management are practiced at all locations.
• Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
• Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
• Develops health and safety procedures for all locations of the company.
• Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
• Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
• Writes inspection reports to document inspection findings.
• Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
• Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required.
• Establish a culture that is aligned with AMI's EHS goals and objectives, with continuous EHS improvements
• Manage, direct, coach, lead, and motivate employees to achieve EHS goals and objectives in a timely and safe manner, while continuously striving to improve safety skills & awareness
• Plans, directs, and coordinates EHS compliance activities through functional teams
• Develops and implements Environmental, Health and Safety programs and activities for the facility to achieve, maintain and exceed compliance with relevant regulatory laws and regulations as well as comply with AMI's policies, standards and procedures
• Provide technical expertise and management direction in multiple EH&S disciplines including,but not limited to, chemical safety, process safety, equipment safety, ergonomics, hazardous waste management and environmental permits Responsible for directing incident investigations identifying root causes of EHS Incidents and executing sustainable corrective actions.
• Identify and develop good working relationships with federal, state and local authorities (i.e., safety agencies, fire departments, etc.) as well as appropriate internal Environmental, Health and Safety contacts
• Develop, coordinate and/or conduct EH&S training programs
• Provides information for Workers Compensation requests (incident investigations)
• Responsible for driving processes that will result in a reduction of accidents and injuries and the identification of potential hazards present in the workplace.
• Work directly with the Process Development and Manufacturing teams to ensure that all safety programs, applicable safeguards and training programs are in place for existing equipment/process as well as guide new requirements. Where needed drive the development of specific safety and/or training programs.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required; Master's degree desirable.
• Five years of related experience preferred.
• Professional certification (CSP, IH or CHMM) (desirable)
• Must have excellent capabilities in developing and delivering effective and effective EH&S
• message through both verbal and written methods.
• Ability to support occasional travel both domestic and international.
OraSure Technologies Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to building and preserving an accessible, welcoming, supportive, fair, and inclusive environment. Accommodations are available to support prospective employees during the recruitment and hiring process. Should you require any accommodations, please advise us in advance so that we can work with you to find suitable accommodation.