CiRC Biosciences, a pioneering cell therapy company, is seeking a talented and highly motivated researcher with experience in molecular and cellular biology to foster the development of innovative therapies for various therapeutic indications. The successful candidate will have expertise in chemical-induced cell reprogramming and differentiation, including in deep understanding of developmental biology. Additional expertise in molecular biology, cell therapy, gene therapy/gene editing, and functional genomics is preferred. Knowledge of analytical assay development as well as small molecular high-throughput screening is a plus. The Research development team will work in close collaboration with colleagues in PD, analytical development, and quality, and will lead external collaborations with CRO.
As a member of CiRC's cell biology team, you will work under the direction of the Director, Molecular and Cellular Biology collaborating on cell culture and differentiation experiments. Experience in general laboratory facilities, safety and techniques is also desired. This is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic, rapidly advancing company that will contribute directly to the progression of new therapies as well as the identification of new technologies and disease-modifying therapeutics.Responsibilities:
Required Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Design, execute and analyze experiments to develop new chemical reprogramming pipelines
- Maintain and scale cell cultures and cell differentiation protocols using 2D and 3D organoid cultures
- Constructing and characterizing the reporter cell lines using virus (lentivirus) or non-virus (CRISPR) techniques
- Contribute to development of complex assays in cell cultures for target discovery, target validation, biomarker discovery, and molecular modeling of disease to support drug discovery programs
- Analyze cell cultures using a wide range of molecular and cell biology assays (e.g. ELISA, q-PCR, NGS, FACS, immunoassays, plate-based assays and high content imaging.)
- Participate on or lead cross functional teams or projects
- Develop laboratory procedures, documentation policies, and familiar with cloud-base notebook.
- Collaborate closely with PD, analytical development, clinical and cell manufacturing personnel as well as contract research and manufacturing organizations
- Ability to work a standard schedule and perform limited off-shift or weekend work as necessary to complete experiments.
- Clearly communicate ideas and results to stakeholders via written and verbal formats.
- May perform additional duties as required
- Ph.D. degree in a developmental biological or related discipline, with 6+ years related research experience. BS/MS plus 8-10 years of equivalent combination of education and work experience, industrial experience is a plus
- Previous experience on cell therapies leading a project and representing the functional group on the project is preferred
- Previous experience with automation platforms and electronic lab notebooks is preferred
- Experience with genetic and proteomic profiling assays (e.g. RNAseq, CHiPseq) is desirable
- Experience using gene editing technologies such as CRISPR and TALEN to engineer cell lines
- Familiarity with cell-based assays using wide range of methods including but not limited to immunoassays, q-PCR, flow cytometry, and high-content imaging
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing cell and/or gene therapies for disease modeling, target discovery, and target validation, preferably in a drug discovery or industry setting
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills to investigate technical and scientific questions.
- Ability to work independently with direction and perform well in a team environment