- This position provides comprehensive environmental support to assigned geographic and or organizational sections.
- Responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of environmental, disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's Environmental standards and with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Works under very general direction. Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Applies specialized technical expertise to develop, implement and maintain programs, systems and procedures.
- Uses experience to anticipate and prevent Environmental incidents and hazards.
- Conducts investigation of incidents.
- Recommends improvements in moderately complex processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to minimize the environmental hazard potential.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice. Maintains current knowledge of specific requirements imposed by government agencies and a working knowledge of the scientific and technical aspects of regulatory requirements and how they may impact company operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as single-points-of-contact or coordinators to implement environmental activities that require broad knowledge and experience in order to provide compliance solutions to Environmental issues.
- Provides direction for moderately complex work activities in order to comply with environmental regulations and corporate requirements.
- Develops, implements and recommends improvements in programs, systems and procedures.
- Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice.
- Interacts with subject matter experts and customers to ensure consistent and thorough implementation of moderately complex Environmental programs, policies, and procedures.
- Anticipates and prevents Environmental incidents and hazards along with leads conducts investigation of incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, health, safety or other related field of study.
- Years of prior work related experience in addition to a degree: 0-5 years of experience.
- Years of prior equivalent work related experience in lieu of a degree 5 years of directly related work experience Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities.
- Broad knowledge of environmental regulatory compliance requirements, scientific practices, quality assurance principles.
- Strong collaboration, communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management. Ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully complete each of them within specified timeframes.