DPS Group Global has an opening for an experienced EHS Coordinator to join our team in Boston. The job will consist of traveling to various sites throughout Massachusetts.
In this role you will assist in the development and continuous improvement of the DPS safety culture through verbal and written communication, developing and conducting EHS training programs, and providing safety coaching and mentoring to the department.
Proven success working for a GC or EPCM consultancy company in a similar role, supporting projects related to cleanrooms, laboratories, semiconductor fab, data center, solar manufacturing, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries is highly desirable.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in construction EHS management, ideally supporting life science or related industrial high tech projects and live within commutable distant to the project sites in Massachusetts.
· Act as a technical resource for construction management group.
· Provide on-site safety support for construction management projects as needed.
· Review safety inspections and safety observations generated by field personnel and provide coaching to ensure continuous improvement.
· Develop and conduct EH&S training.
· Conduct visits for on-site safety compliance and provide appropriate and timely follow-up.
· Prequalify subcontractors for project based on EHS metrics.
· Facilitate kick-off subcontractor meetings.
· Manage constructability review meetings with subcontractors.
· Review all job hazard analysis (JHA).
· Facilitate Construction Incident Analysis Meetings.
· Manage corrective action plans.
· Conduct quarterly subcontractor audits.
· Daily duties include but are not limited to participating in the safety leadership team, safety coordination meetings, mass safety meetings, daily pre-task plans, daily field compliance audits.
· Share weekly and monthly all safety metrics, leading indicators and lagging indicators, TRIR, LTIR.
· Good writing communication skills
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree level education in Engineering, Construction, EH&S, related certifications, CSP, ASP, CHST and or related field with minimum 5 years' direct experience in EHS management positions, safety management systems, supporting large scale construction projects. Ideally working for client, GC, or EPCM company.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Procore, Deltek, Highwire, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam.
· Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with people at all levels within the organization, client and project partners.
· This position will work primarily on a construction site with some time in an office.
· This position may be required to work at DPS contracted sites with varying changes in settings to include temperature, indoor and/or outdoor settings.
· Noise levels will be high at times depending upon work location. Should be prepared to work in all levels of noise and wear protective hearing equipment as needed.
· Must wear required PPE as required by DPS or its contractors.
· As a part of this environment, there may be the need to wear cleanroom coveralls and follow client hygiene protocols.
· Will embrace a safe work environment and support a workplace of respect, appreciation, and acceptance for everyone.
· Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
· Local candidates required. Ability to provide valid work authorization for US employment required.
DPS Group is a global EPCM firm offering full-service solutions within the Life Sciences (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical technology) and Advanced Technology (semiconductor, data center, and solar) industries. DPS is dedicated to delivering successful projects with a ‘client-first' mentality and personal touch across a range of market sectors: Project and Program Management, Procurement, Design, Construction Management, Health and Safety Management, Commissioning, Qualification, and Start-up.
DPS Engineering Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. DPS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.