Are you looking to progress in your career with a fast-growing food safety company? Are you a hardworking, collaborative team member ready to hit the ground running and get the job done? Then we are looking for you!What we do:
Matrix Sciences International Inc. provides a uniquely comprehensive scope of laboratory, advisory, research and data management services that support our customers' confidence in bringing safe, quality food to market.
The Matrix Sciences Microbiology lab performs testing for pathogens, bacteria, yeast, molds and other organisms in a variety of food, products and packaging, as well as in support of our clients' environmental monitoring programs. Why it matters:
This work allows clients to identify potential contamination before it impacts their products and helps them feel confident that their products meet their quality standards and are safe for consumption in the market.Role Summary:
Within the Microbiology department, the Microbiologist role is responsible to performs all aspects of routine and non-routine microbiological testing of food and environmental samples.What you'll do:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you have:
- Perform microbiological analysis of food and environmental samples using conventional plating techniques as well as PCR and ELISA instrumentation.
- Identify microorganisms by microscopic examination of physiological and cultural characteristics.
- Perform cultural confirmations for pathogens.
- Ensure accurate and complete traceability and documentation of testing activities performed, including LIMS result entry.
- Review result for accuracy and suitability prior to approval, initiating additional testing per client requests if required.
- Identify, communicate and document non-conformities with samples, instrumentation and methodologies, assisting with troubleshooting as assigned.
- When required, assist with method verification activities as directed by assigned staff.
- Perform routine and non-routine instrument maintenance and routine troubleshooting.
- Referring to LIMS, ensure client expectations for turnaround time are met, communicating with Lead Microbiologists and Supervisor on status or potential delays.
- Review of controlled documents and procedures
- For methods within area of responsibility, provide training for other laboratory staff.
- Participate in quality system activities, including maintenance of test and training records.
- Identify and assist with implementation of process improvements
- Adhere to lab safety procedures and reporting standards.
- Follow written Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist with the operations of the lab.
- The candidate for this role will be able to work flexible hours and willing to work overtime.
What we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Sciences, preferably Microbiology, plus 2 years in laboratory experience (or equivalent combination).
- Ability to distinguish colors as required for Microbiological testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team.
- Positive outlook with the ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness
- Paid Time-Off
- LifeLock Protection
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
Matrix Sciences International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Matrix Sciences is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees. We treat all employees and applicants in conformance with both the spirit and letter of federal, state, and local employment discrimination laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. The Company makes all employment decisions without regard to a person's race, color, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, uniform services membership status or any other characteristic protected by law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.