Environmental Compliance Consultant (Project Manager Level)Qualifications/Requirements
- 4-year degree, preferably in environmental science or related field.
- 2-3 years of environmental consulting with experience in NJ DPCC and/or TCPA strongly preferred.
- The position is based in our Hightstown, New Jersey office. Ability to reliably commute or planning to relocate before beginning work.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel to client facilities as needed.
- US work authorization.
- To protect our team, all employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
ESS would like to add an experienced environmental consultant to our growing team. The full-time role requires a strong understanding of environmental compliance, especially with New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection regulations. The ideal candidate will work directly with various clients, the NJDEP, and other regulatory agencies to develop and maintain facility specific DPCC and TCPA programs, as well as other environmental plans and reports, conduct environmental audits and drills, and advise clients on compliance obligations.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all tasks necessary to complete a project's scope of work, including but not limited to compliance with: Discharge Prevention, Cleanup and Countermeasure (DPCC), Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC), Toxic Catastrophe Prevention Act (TCPA), Risk Management Planning (RMP), Clean Water Act (NPDES), Clean Air Act, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA 302-304, 311, 312, 313), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Develop complete DPCC and/or TPCA programs for new clients.
- Maintain existing client DPCC and/or TCPA programs, including preparation of plan updates, facilitating internal audits, attending DEP audits, working with NJDEP case managers to meet their expectations, and assisting clients with identified corrective actions.
- Assist with regulatory reporting preparation including Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
- Participate in enforcement discussions.
- Conduct environmental and safety audits at client facilities.
- Travel to client facilities required. Out of state travel may be expected.
- Excellent technical writing and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and "translate" regulatory language for clients
- Confidenceworking directly with clients, site representatives, and regulators
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks toward timely completion
- Demonstrates a strong drive for results
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Mac computers preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting obligations.
Established in 2003, Environment and Safety Solutions is a rapidly growing firm looking for new team members that want to grow along with the business. ESS provides client-specific solutions to environmental, health and safety challenges.
As a small firm, and we pride ourselves on treating our employees well. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and families, with short waiting period and currently nomonthly premiums.
- Health Savings Account to offset health care costs.
- SIMPLE IRA Plan, with a dollar-for-dollar Company match of employee contributions, up to 3% of eligible compensation.
- Generous vacation and sick leave policies in addition to company-wide paid holidays.