Andes empowers microbes to enable positive action against climate change.
Andes is integrated by a multidisciplinary group of nature-loving, hard working people. Driven by purpose and through team efforts we believe we can achieve impressive, sometimes seemingly unattainable things. We use and develop cutting-edge technology and embrace bold, out of the box ideas.About the role
We are seeking a motivated, outstanding, and dynamic Commercial Lead to become part of our company's commercial team. The primary role of the Commercial Lead is to drive commercial activities, particularly the sale of carbon offsets, in alignment with Andes' strategy for the development and execution of its business.
The Commercial Lead will be responsible for developing product positioning and marketing strategy. Additionally, this position will be responsible for engaging with relevant customers and partners.
The Commercial Lead will work closely with leadership to develop and execute an effective results/metrics driven carbon commercial plan. The position will play an active role in business development initiatives and decisions related to carbon business, marketing strategy and downstream deliverables.
Location: Alameda, CAEssential Job Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Manage the sale of carbon offsets and ensure the company's commercial goals are achieved.
- Analyze and develop carbon offset marketing opportunities and plans, understand buyer requirements, and identify market trends.
- Cultivate and deepen relationships with buyers and partners in the voluntary carbon market.
- Review, update, and manage the company's carbon commercial plan in collaboration with the leadership team to ensure the company can achieve its goals and objectives.
- Communicate customer feedback and market analysis to the team and suggest product improvements to achieve the company's goals.
- Work with the leadership team to review company projections and ensure they are in line with the commercial plan.
- Roll up your sleeves when required.
- 4-6 years of marketing, sales, and / or business development experience in high growth environments.
- Deep understanding of voluntary carbon markets.
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong decision making and communication skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills.
- Comfort in managing various tasks simultaneously, ranging from the strategic to administrative.
- Passionate about nature and have a sense of urgency for acting quickly to protect our planet.
Salary and Benefits
- Experience working with carbon offset buyers.
- Experience working in a fast-growing company.
- Competitive compensation package (salary plus equity).
- Competitive benefits package (medical, vision, dental and life insurance).
Applicant must be authorized to work in the US.
At Andes we know people are at the center of our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.