Coesia is a global leader in advanced automated machinery and packaging materials, industrial process solutions, and precision gears that founded in 1923. We are a group comprised of 21 companies that service customers in over 30 countries, 85 production plants, and 137 operating units world-wide. Market sectors include the following: Aerospace, ceramics, consumer products, electronics, healthcare including pharmaceuticals, automotive, and more.
R.A Jones, located in Covington, Kentucky, and Davenport, IA have been leading in the design and manufacturing of innovative packaging automation since 1905. Industries impacted by innovative solutions include Food/Beverage, Electronics, Home Care Consumer Goods, Pharmaceuticals.
Interested in learning more? Look here
Objective & Key Responsibilities
This Health/Safety/Environmental (HSE) Specialist will support our two R.A. Jones facilities, as well as our MGS business unit located in Maple Grove, Minnesota. In support of the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager of North America, this position ensures management of resources aligned with the company's business development needs & Coesia Group. Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing technical expertise on HSE issues to relevant stakeholders
· Leading the development of the Workplace Safety & Health (H&S) and Environmental Management System (EMS) frameworks
· Deploying HSE policies, tools, standards, and best practices to drive continuous improvement in the H&S culture to mitigate risks, prevent injuries and protect people, property, and the environment.
· Evaluating and performing audit on the organizations' H&S and EMS to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Conducting comprehensive inspections, assessments, and/or audits on the service, operations, shared facilities, and specific processes, and proposing recommendations, as well as adequate follow-up and advice for corrective actions to ensure compliance.
· Leading teams to conduct investigations on HSE incidents, reporting findings and suggesting corrective action plans and improvements.
· Developing and implementing Safe System of Work (SSoW) processes and procedures at the workplace to interface with the production, engineering, facility maintenance, field service and office to ensure compliance.
Education and Work Experience
· BA/BS Degree in a Safety-Related field preferred
· 3-5 years of related experience in Occupational Safety implementing and Managing Health, Safety, and Environmental Programs required
· Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Programs (Word and Excel) required
· OSHA General Industry 10- and 30-hour Trainer
Technical & Professional Skills
· Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization including employees and management
· Decision Making driving positive results-oriented attitude and demeanor
· Ability to speak and conduct effective training in front of small and large audiences.
· A hands-on, self-motivator with strong organization and communication skills as well as a dedicated team player
· Ability to travel frequently to three locational business units established
· Working onsite at our R.A. facility located in Covington, KY