Experience with Mammalian cell culture, human IPSC, stem cells, primary human cells -- cell culture skills
Cell culture, stem cell experience or molecular biology, CRIPSR/Cas9 editing
The successful candidate should have technical expertise in [or be able to quickly learn] a wide range of molecular and cell biology techniques including cell/tissue handling, DNA/RNA extraction, IHC/RNAscope, qPCR, ddPCR, library preparation for next generation sequencing, FACS, and downstream data curation and interpretation.
Ideal candidates should be able to prepare reagents as well as plan, execute and document experiments using human primary cells, effectively troubleshoot technical problems and be able to collect, interpret and present the data in both written and oral form. The position requires multitasking, creativity, flexibility, and a strong work ethic.
Bachelor or Masters Degree (or equivalent degree) in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines and 2-3 years of relevant employment experience.
Experience in FACS techniques is a plus.
This position will provide support for assay development and drug discovery efforts in MCB.
Duties will include custom media and reagent preparation, patient tissue tracking and organization, imaging support (antibody staining), and molecular biology support (RNA isolation, qRT-PCR). Day to day duties will differ depending on the need of the team and will therefore require a candidate who will be flexible, motivated and visible within our large team of researchers. The ideal candidate will therefore have excellent communication and organizational skills and a proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced, collaborative laboratory environment.
· B.S in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology with at least 1 year experience working in a laboratory.
· Diligence and impeccable attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience with patient sample handling and organization, familiarity with database tracking software a plus.
· Experience in tissue culture techniques (experience with primary cells is a plus), and general biological assays (RNA isolation, RT-PCR, protein lysate preparation, antibody staining).
· Experience in FACS techniques is a plus.
· Motivation to learn new techniques and flexibility to support various areas of research as required.
· Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment.
· A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.