Do you like developing fresh ideas and strategies to solve complex and unique issues? Do you enjoy working with a dynamic team? Do you take pride in the accuracy of your work? Join us as we build the future and the
Gerdau We Are Creating. We Have:
- A strong global presence with mills that transform millions of metric tons of raw material to produce steel beams, flat-rolled steel, merchant bar, rebar, spikes, and wire used by the automotive industry, appliance, construction, machinery, and equipment industries.
- A culture that welcomes diversity, encourages innovation and creates products that serve humanity.
- An environment that values teamwork, safety, and sustainability.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and the belief that we can create a better future for our employees and our global community by investing in people, processes, and technology.
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Plans - Eligible upon 1st day of hire
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental or Health and Safety focus strongly preferred. (May consider 4+ years of relevant EHS experience in lieu of degree requirement)
- Specific knowledge of federal environmental regulations and familiarity with manufacturing operations.
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience in environmental compliance and/or safety.
You will provide Environmental and Safety support to the Charlotte Mill and Rail Products. Your Work:
- Assist with the assessment of the current systems (in the area of environmental, health and safety) and providing technical support for improvement efforts.
- Provide guidance and assistance with regards to pollution control, hazardous waste, environmental issues, OSHA issues, safety opportunities and assure ongoing compliance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Collect samples and data required for various environmental permits. Also responsible for the preparation and timely filing of all related reports; such as hazardous waste, SARA, radiation protection, and several others.
- Train and coordinates employees assigned to tend and maintain environmental and radiation detection equipment, as well as Safety required training.
- Obtain and provide directions, guidance, and assistance as required to assure the most efficient and effective use of resources required for remediation activities and for short and long term environmental compliance in line with company policy.
- Coordinate activities associated with any on-site landfill. This includes performing, monitoring and testing activities; ground water monitoring; landfill inspections including storm water drainage, vegetative or synthetic cover, and managing design, construction, related projects, maintenance and repairs.
- Familiarity and exposure to OSHA safety policies and procedures as well as compliance requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Participate as directed in environmental compliance and remediation activities.
- Participate as directed in safety compliance activities.
- Maintain division's environmental and safety files and reports.
- Conduct on-site inspections to insure compliance with federal, state, and local health, safety, and environmental regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain productive relationships with mill management and regulatory personnel.
- Responsible for carrying out company policy, programs and procedures