Summary of Position:
Erbi is a growth-stage startup with a mission to streamline cell culture with products that simplify bio-pharma and cell therapy process development and manufacture. We are looking for a talented, energetic and experienced Director - Cell Therapy Biology
The Director - Cell Therapy Biology
role will provide day to day management/oversight for the Erbi BioLab, projects and scientific team, responsible for the development, execution and interpretation of laboratory science in support of the Erbi platform application to cellular therapy process development and manufacturing workflows. Working with the CSO and serving as the subject matter expert for the materials and methods required for the isolation/generation, expansion, gene editing, manipulation and differentiation of human cell types (T-Cells, HSPCs, PSCs) applicable to cellular therapy. Role and Responsibilities
· Primary oversight of Erbi BioLab - management of scientific team, design and execution of experimental plans, development of and implementation of SOPs, day to day scientific activities and lab facilities.
· Primary scientific support to Research, Application, Product and Operation teams for development and execution of experimental plans specific to program needs.
· Coordinate with CSO and Project Management to develop and ensure on-time completion of project timelines and objectives
· Provide expert insight/guidance to executive team on current trends in the field cell therapy - methods, technologies, capabilities, market needs and competitive landscape.
· Provide technical support and guidance to Marketing, Sales, Product and Business teams, ensuring accuracy of information for use on the website and in materials for promotion of capabilities.
· Contribute to identifying, developing and managing strategic relationships with business partners/customer.
· Represent the company and its science at industry meetings/conferences, serving as an ambassador in the scientific community to promote and maintain the Erbi brand, mission and reputation.
· Communicate status and challenges of laboratory operations to upper management and key stakeholders
· Build and maintain a positive, collaborative and supportive workplace culture.
· Keeping current in the state of the field through reading of scientific journals, attending training courses and conferences, and participating in publication and research activities.
?Qualifications and Education Requirements
- M.S. or PhD in field relevant to the biology of cell therapy
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in a laboratory setting deriving, culturing and manipulating primary human cells/stem cells (T-cells, HSPCs, iPSCs and differentiated cell types) - experience in cell therapy manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of best practices and standards to drive process improvements in the derivation and manipulation of cells in 3D culture and bioreactors
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements (CMC, GMP and Clinical) associated with development and production of cell therapy products.
- Strong intellectual curiosity for exploring new technologies, processes and protocols to support the development of new product capabilities
- Ability to synthesize and integrate information from multiple sources, then make decisions to efficiently develop & execute a plan.
- Proven people leadership skills that motivate individuals and teams
- Demonstrated strong cross-functional team skills, supporting and communicating across departments (Project Management, Product, Operations, Marketing, etc…) to meet business goals.
- Excellent computer, written/ verbal communication, organization, presentation, analytical, critical reasoning, editing, problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
· Desk/Computer work
· Occasional bench top work in a laboratory environment, including potential exposure to biohazards
· Some travel required to represent the company at business meetings and conferences Expected Hours of Work
· May need to work outside of standard working hours at times
· This role is currently working onsite and is expected to work onsite for the majority of working hours. About the Company
Erbi Biosystems Inc. is a fast-growing biotechnology company developing microfluidic devices for the biopharmaceutical and medical industry. By joining Erbi Biosystems Inc. you will have an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology alongside a skilled team of engineers and scientists creating a new product to accelerate biotechnology innovation.Benefits
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefit plan as well as a culture with opportunity for growth and rewarding challenges.EEO Statement
For positions requiring access to technical data, Erbi Biosystems, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position - except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) - may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Candidates should be aware that Erbi Biosystems currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated prior to their employment start date. *Certain exemptions may apply.
Erbi Biosystems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.