This job has expired

Regional Environmental Protection Specialist (REPS)

Employer
Sol Solutions, LLC
Location
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, US
Salary
Competitive
Closing date
Sep 29, 2022

View more

Sector
Academic / Research, Consultancy/Private Sector
Field
Conservation science
Discipline
Other
Salary Type
Salary
Employment Type
Full time
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.
Position Overview:

The candidate will be responsible for providing environmental compliance support for US Army Reserve (USAR) facilities within an assigned geographic area that includes locations in central and eastern Pennsylvania (State College, Harrisburg, Bethlehem, Philadelphia), and southern NJ (Trenton and Camden). The candidate will spend approximately 70% of their time in the field visiting their assigned facilities. The remaining 30% of their time will be spent working from home and at an office located at a USAR facility. The primary responsibilities are to ensure the USAR's Facilities are operated and maintained in accordance with all applicable environmental regulations (Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations; Executive Orders; and DoD, Army & USAR regulations and policies). The candidate should have working knowledge of or the desire to obtain knowledge related to the following media areas: hazardous & solid waste; pollution prevention & waste minimization; spill response; stormwater; wastewater; drinking water; air quality; underground & aboveground storage tanks; National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA); cultural & natural resources; integrated pest management; remediation; Toxic Substance Control Act (asbestos, lead based paint, PCB's and radon); and other media areas as required.

Essential Functions:
  • Perform internal Environmental assessments of assigned facilities IAW ISO14001 and perform site assistance visits to ensure implementation/efficacy of the internal corrective action program (ICAP)
  • Provide general environmental support activities to the USAR and serve as the technical point of contact for environmental agencies, organizations, contractors, or other executive agents of the USAR.
  • Provide all technical assistance necessary to fully support the Environmental Division's programs and associated projects, including research, analysis, development, coordination, and management under the direction of the USAR's environmental staff and in coordination with the Operations Team.
  • Possess a working knowledge of building maintenance and vehicle maintenance practices as related to environmental compliance.


Qualifications (Education and Experience):
  • B.S. in Environmental Science, Engineering or related degree (M.S. is preferred)
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface and effectively communicate with individuals from all levels of the organization
  • Confidence, willingness, and ability to conduct presentations and provide training sessions to small and large groups of people.
  • Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, and must be willing and able to learn new software systems specific to the USAR.


Additional Eligibility Requirements:
  • Must have a valid U.S. driver's license
  • Must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Army background investigation
  • Must have access to a reliable automobile - use of personal automobile is mandatory for this position
  • Must be willing to travel. Travel constitutes approximately 70% of the job, primarily within the assigned region, but also includes some travel outside of the assigned region.


Job Type: Full-time

Benefits:
  • 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Dental insurance
  • Disability insurance
  • Employee assistance program
  • Flexible spending account
  • Health insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
  • Tuition reimbursement
  • Vision insurance


Sol Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Visit our website at www.solsolutions.net.
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert