GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Director, Supply Chain Americas, US and Area Safety, Americas, the position is responsible for managing program compliance and direction to ensure the safety and health of associates, and environmental stewardship for the US location.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Individuals must be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING
- Manage general safety and environmental policies and measures in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations industry.
- Manage and assist with implementation of safety programs, policies, and procedures specific to Hemingway manufacturing site. Insure alignment of safety programs with WWW Safety Policies.
- Ensure that facility management is adequately trained by conducting periodic training sessions, conducting trend analysis, and facilitating follow up by the department.
- Foster a safe working environment by initializing all accident investigations to include the preparation of lost time accident reports and historical analysis followed by corrective action.
- Manage identification and issuance of personal protective equipment and devices.
- Provides guidance in respect to safety and environmental aspects of positions for return to work practices, light duty assignments, and compliance with work restrictions. .
- Manages loss prevention polices for site to include plant wide fire and theft control systems.
- Review and make recommendations to ensure safety of new equipment and the installation of same.
- Conduct safety and environmental training for exempt, non-exempt, and hourly associates.
- Maintain Tupperware housekeeping standards.
- Comply with Tupperware and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Responsible for managing systems to include but not limited to: Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Management; Global Harmonized System (GHS) Compliance; Safety Marquee; 6S-Lean Assignments; Departmental Audits; Safety Training Observation (STOP) Program).
- Bachelor degree in Safety Engineering or related field.
- 0-2 years' work experience in related field or a combination of applicable education and experience.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Tupperware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.