About the role:
Our vision is to be a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to patients.
Join Takeda as an Associate Scientist where you will be responsible for the discovery and development of novel therapeutics supporting new and ongoing pipeline programs in the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit. You will work in a lab-based role and be responsible for critical path activities with demonstrated in vivo skills in immuno-oncology drug discovery or translational sciences. . As part of the Oncology Drug Discovery Unit, you will report to the in vivo lead.How you will contribute:
- Develop animal models to test the biological efficacy of therapeutic agents for oncology indications
- Execute in vivo efficacy models in xenograft and PDX models
- Participate in analysis of in vivo studies to help establish PK / PD / efficacy relationships.
- Help with external collaborations with CROs and and establish new protocols where necessary
- Execute experiments and deliver comprehensive high quality data sets to promote decision making
- Identify state-of-the-art experimental protocols and in vivo models
- Identify, plans and execute well defined scientific projects and communicate program strategy and timelines to management.
- Interpret results of complex experiments
What Takeda can offer you:
- MS in a scientific discipline (or equivalent) with 3+ years relevant industry experience, or BS in a scientific discipline with 5+ years experience, or Associates degree in scientific discipline with 7+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficiency with in vivo efficacy rodent models, including mouse syngeneic, xenograft and PDX models
More about us:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, absent an approved religious or medical reason. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. If you are contacted by a Takeda recruiter about your job application, we encourage you to seek more information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function to which you have applied.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type