About TrueBinding, Inc.
TrueBinding, Inc. is a clinical stage biotech company aimed at developing novel antibody therapeutics using our proprietary TrueBinding platform for diseases with huge unmet medical needs, such as neurodegenerative, cancer and metabolic diseases.
TrueBinding is seeking a highly self-motivated structural biology scientist to study structures of protein and protein complexes related to TrueBinding's research. The primary role of this position is to complete projects in structural biology using crystallography and cryo-EM, and supporting our drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate is expected to have significant interest and experience in protein crystallization or cryo-EM single particle analysis. The candidate is expected to design and execute experiments, analyze results, troubleshoot with team members and help with the daily group work. Given our multidisciplinary approach to novel drug discovery, the candidate is also expected to have good communication skills and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
• Design and execute experiments for structural biology analysis.
• Design and execute experiments for protein/complex characterization.
• Prepare and visualize grids for negative stain and cryo-EM samples.
• Perform cryo-EM data collection.
• Perform cryo-EM data processing, model building and structure analysis.
• Conduct protein crystallization, crystal manipulation, X-ray diffraction coordination and data collection.
• PhD, or MS with more than 3 years of work experience, in structural biology or biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, etc.
• Highly self-motivated to learn new technology and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the company's core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
• Experience with the following is prioritized for consideration:
1) Experienced in single particle cryo-EM data processing using Relion and cryoSPARC
2) Knowledge of state-of-the-art protein structural biology techniques such as single particle cryo-EM, crystallization, structure determination and analysis.
3) Hands-on experience in single particle cryo-EM workflow including grid freezing and screening, data collection and processing, three-dimensional reconstruction and model building.
4) Hands-on experience with macromolecule crystallization, crystal manipulation, synchrotron X-ray diffraction data collection, data processing, structure determination and refinement.
5) Hands-on experience in molecular cloning, protein expression and purification, etc.
6) Hands-on experience in cutting-edge technology, such as tomography or micro-ED, etc.