Who We Are:
TRexBio is a discovery stage biotechnology company leveraging cutting edge computational biology tools, a focus on human tissue, and expertise in immunobiology to develop revolutionary therapeutics for inflammatory diseases. Our powerful ‘deep biology' discovery engine maps human tissue Treg behavior to disease processes, allowing us to identify and characterize novel targets for therapeutic intervention. Leveraging this platform, we are building a broad portfolio of novel therapies that modulate the immune system to restore human tissue immune homeostasis.
At TRexBio, you will have the opportunity to work with amazingly smart humans who strive to make the world a better place. In addition to our team-centric culture, we believe that your individual creativity will help us to be our best. Our staff happy hours, organized by our Culture Club, bring us all together in creative and social activities. Our colleagues admire and respect one another. We celebrate our wins, update company news and acknowledge each other's achievement weekly and monthly at all company meetings that celebrate our work and our people.Position Summary:
TRexBio is seeking talented and highly motivated Senior Scientist to join our Molecular and Cellular Biology group. This position offers an opportunity to work as part of a small, dynamic team to elucidate and model target biology through in vitro assays. The successful candidate will develop robust, target specific functional assays to rank and categorize therapeutic antibodies or protein therapeutics for lead selection. The ideal candidate will dive further into the target biology and develop customized immune cell assays to elucidate the in vitro mechanism of action of top candidate molecules. By leveraging a variety of platforms including Incucyte, Luminex, multiparametric flow cytometry and novel cell-based functional capabilities at CROs, the candidate will be engaged in strengthening the biological rationale for lead candidates. In this role, there is a focus on lab-based execution of studies combined with leadership opportunities to provide technical guidance to junior level scientists. Attention to detail is a must along with strong skills in multi-tasking, developing robust assays, troubleshooting technical issues during assay development and the ability to organize, summarize and present project updates to multiple audiences. Prior industry experience in drug discovery and/or development is required. The ideal candidate will have solid knowledge of immune cell biology and up-to-date expertise in immunology research methodology and technology including flow cytometry.What Your Responsibilities Are:
Who You Are:
- Support lead candidate selection through hands-on drug candidate profiling
- Apply your immunology knowledge to develop, adapt and execute target-specific functional cellular assays to elucidate drug candidate activity
- Actively participate as an integral team member and provide guidance to junior members of the group
- Be rigorous and thoughtfully critical in design and execution of protocols, documentation, data analysis and technical reports
- Considerate communicator who is adept in presenting own work to team members and collaborators
- PhD in immunology or closely related field
- 4+ years relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience post PhD
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, isolation and differentiation of immune cells, and cell-based immunological assays to assess the activity of proteins are essential: ELISA, multiplex analysis (Luminex, MSD), cell-based functional assays (proliferation, activation, cytokine responses, cytotoxicity), reporter-based assay platforms
- Hands-on expertise in design, execution, and analysis of multi-color flow cytometry experiments (8+ colors using Fortessa and Attune flow cytometers) is required
- Experience with intracellular cytokine or phosphoprotein staining, Incucyte experience, or lentiviral and CRISPR-based applications is a plus
- Detailed knowledge of FACSDiva, FlowJo, Prism, and Microsoft Office programs
- You are curious to learn new biology, insightful, detail-oriented, organized, collaborative, and flexible with a positive "can-do" attitude
TRexBio offers a very competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, life insurance as well as 401(k) match, bonus and paid time leave.
TRexBio is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state, or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or sexual orientation.