Currently we're looking for a HSE manager on a solar project in Milwauke, Wisconsin. Our ideal candidate thrives within a high paced, high-volume environment. The Occupational, Health & Safety Specialist will be an integral part of the Global Energy team and must possess a positive, proactive and team focused approach to daily work. Ensures that safety standards are executed on Renewable Energy Projects. The successful candidate will take ownership to ensure that safety standards are executed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise, support and assistance on the development, implementation and monitoring of the management system and project specific OHS programs, plans, risk registers, and management system components including policies, procedures, work instructions.
- Confirms job sites comply with all current safety regulations and ensures that all employees are aware of safety requirements, prepared to follow safety procedures, and have relevant training, certifications and licences to perform the work where applicable.
- Complete risk assessments and job hazard assessments in support of site activities
- Complete compliance monitoring on OHS related project activities against the client or contractor specific programs, plans and procedural requirements through formal and informal oversight inspection and auditing.
- Work with legal department to ensure all sub-contracts are sufficiently obligating the contractor for their insurance obligations depending on regional jurisdiction requirements. Including collecting contractor licences, insurance certificates etc.
- Ensure project insurances, corporate general liability, professional liability, workers compensation and other insurances policies are implemented effectively and adequately.
- Complete in-field observations to identify and follow up on non-compliance, areas for improvement and other such gaps related applicable laws, regulations, contract commitments and our clients internal corporate requirements
- Complete contractor OHS program and plan reviews as part of tender and contractor selection processes specific to project needs and requirements.
- Proactivity recognise and encourage positive workplace OHS practices, and compliance to program and legislative requirements by project delivery personnel and contractors.
- Collaboratively interact with colleagues and project team members, site superintendents, supervisors, contractors, and other parties involved in project activities to help identify solutions to OHS compliance and program gaps.
- Prepare detailed reports and follow up on recommended corrective actions associated with completed compliance & oversight reports, incident reports, observations, and root-cause
- Document/record safety data pertaining to project oversight activity including entering/transcribing oversights information through various internal information management systems according to established procedures.
- Support overall OHS program improvement initiatives.
- Support the update of the Company's ESG report to include the storage product line
- Activate and maintain subscriptions to other ESG portals such as EcoVadis as required by specific Clients
- Maintain organization's ISNetWorld subscription and meet Client requirements on the platform by updating sections of the EH&S plan as needed.
- Be responsible for fire prevention, hazardous waste management, resource conservation, or other safety related activities depending on location.
- Work with any member of the clients team to complete ESG and EH&S questionnaires for RFPs in accordance with the Company's Sustainability and EH&S plans.
- Keep up to date on latest ESG trends in the energy Storage industry.
- Ability to travel extensively within US for extended periods of time to include weekends and overnight.
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings, weekends) as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director Quality and EH&S
In order to suit the project requirements you must have:
Minimum 5 Years of HSE experience
Local applicants preferred - not essential
If you have the relevant capability and are interested in pursuing this assignment, talk to me today.