Sharp Packaging Systems is a business unit of Pregis. Sharp develops and produces automated packaging equipment and poly bags at facilities in Wisconsin (Sussex and Elkhorn) and Arizona (Tempe). As the Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for Sharp, this individual will create and enforce, in collaboration with site leadership, a culture of safety within the business unit and administer safety, health and environmental programs in compliance with state, federal, and Pregis guidelines.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications ?
- Ensure a Safety-First culture by driving employee engagement promoting an empowered workforce.
- Serve as a business partner to site leadership to identify potential EHS impacts.
- Implement EHS related programs, policies, and procedures that meet state, federal, and Pregis guidelines.
- Lead continuous safety improvements by collaborating with site management and safety representatives.
- Hold facilities accountable to internal standards set forth in our continuous safety improvement program.
- Perform reviews and conduct internal and external environmental reporting to ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- Maintain company-wide EHS programs including injury and illness prevention, employee training, and chemical management.
- Conduct auditing to monitor progress of EHS improvement and compliance by site. Leverage the data and findings to implement true root cause corrective actions.
- Ability to directly and indirectly lead teams with a focus on driving safety performance metrics.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with regulatory guidelines.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
Our Growth Culture
- Minimum 3 years Health, Safety & Environmental experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Mechanical/Chemical Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Proven experience working with EHS systems with a thorough knowledge of concepts, tools and methodologies of safety management.
We thrive in an open transparent environment where we constantly challenge our team members to share their diversity of thought by incorporating round table discussions, regular 1.1's and maintaining a collaborative environment. Pregis Core ValuesIntegrity -
The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Here at Pregis, we value our people and expect the highest quality from each.Collaboration -
Combination action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient. Pregis strives to hire people that want to win as a team. We look for these qualities when interviewing and value the people that want to strive for the greater good!Customer Focus -
We recognize that having a strong customer focus means having a strong contribution of overall success. We are about putting our customers and their satisfaction first! When recruiting for the right fit, we strive to find this quality in our candidates as a priority for both internal and external customer basis.Innovation -
Here at Pregis, we are always innovating and keeping up with the newest technology to stay proactive within the market. Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis' culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC.