On behalf of our client, a manufacturer of material handling systems, we are seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager (EHS Manager). The EHS Manager will identify environmental, health and safety risks throughout the company's three facilities. The EHS Manager is also responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.Location:
This position can be based in Stevens Point, Wisconsin or New London, Wisconsin with weekly travel between the two facilities and monthly travel to Rome, Georgia.Responsibilities:
- Audit facilities to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develop health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitor EHS policies and procedures for compliance.
- Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings.
- Ensure material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Maintain records of discharge of employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants as required.
- Work with outside EHS consultants and Worker's Compensation Insurance and Broker as necessary.
- Build teamwork between the manufacturing department, purchasing department, shop employees and other functional groups.
- Identify opportunities to improve profitability.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field required, Master's degree desirable.
- 3-5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Extensive knowledge of EHS regulations and policies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.