Title : _Environmental Health & Safety Manager ___ Cost Ctr: ___CORP_227__ _________
Work Location: __Addison, US__________________ Position Status: Full-time
Division & Department: _Corporate Service, Quality & Compliance ___________________
Position Reports to: _Director, Corporate Quality & Compliance _______________________ COMPANY VALUES
All Authentix employees are expected to embrace our Company values in the performance of their respective tasks and duties.
Always with integrity ......Authentixians:
- Dedicate ourselves to our customer's success;
- Compete and win with integrity;
- Create innovative solutions with science and technology; and
- Team and collaborate with accountability.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager drives the implementation, management, and adaption of policies and programs, in accordance with federal, state and local regulations and industry best practices, to improve Authentix's environmental and safety performance in the protection of our employees, our customers and the environment around us. The EHS Manager will lead the organization in developing a first class EHS culture through the development of programs, training and compliance auditing. .SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The essential functions listed below are representative of the functions that must be performed in order to satisfactorily fulfill the purpose of this job. Additional functions and duties may be assumed or assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Company's environmental health and safety policies.
- Supports Company's commitment to a culture of safe work practices and safety excellence.
- Participates in Safety Committee activities and meetings.
- Develops, maintains, records and tracks violations of health, safety and environmental rules, regulations, codes and standards and follows up with corrective measures.
- Assists in developing and distributing educational training materials.
- Evaluates and recommends proper management/handling of new chemicals that may affect environmental permits and determine proper disposal.
- Assists in the site hazardous and nonhazardous waste management and recycling programs.
- Ensures all applicable personnel are trained and/or certified as required by regulation.
- Leads site Emergency Response Team (clean-up, rescue, medical, fire, etc.) coordinating training, practice drills and response equipment.
- Understands spill containment, notification and remediation.
- Conducts inspections and enforces adherence to company policies & procedures, laws and regulations governing the health and safety of all personnel.
- Maintains list of facility chemical inventory and verifies that chemicals are properly stored and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are on file, up-to-date, and accessible to all personnel.
- Implements, manages, and measures the success of safety programs, strategies, policies, training, and procedures in alignment with Corporate expectations.
- Participates in the auditing of environmental and safety requirements as defined in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 to measure effectiveness.
- Assists with timely closure of corrective and preventative actions.
- Collects data for and supports root cause analysis of incidents, injuries and near misses.
- Supports the accurate maintenance and organization of EHS related records in compliance with local, state, and national requirements or any other regulatory agency rules and regulations.
- Prepares technical EHS regulatory reporting documents, as needed.
- Works with other departments to assist in the identification, development, and implementation of safety policies and procedures, projects, and campaigns focused on safety improvements, waste reductions and resource conservation.
- Manages the facility emergency response team to conduct appropriate training in emergency response, spill response, disaster preparedness and crisis management.
- Promotes a "Best in Class" culture by raising expectations across the board and set standards to maintain and assess a robust, effective EHS Management System.
- Files appropriate site-level reports with regulatory and outside entities, as needed.
- Participates in bench marking reviews with outside entities.
- Tracks data and reports trends relating to pollution prevention, recycling, waste management, energy efficiency, carbon footprint, and other programs that demonstrate the sustainability performance of the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Skilled in standards, concepts, practices and procedures within the environmental health and safety field.
- Able to quickly assess situations through problem solving skills and make decisions based on policies, rules and organizational directives.
- Experienced in risk management concepts to identify and mitigate or prevent risks.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task taking into consideration both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to train, motivate and influence team members.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams, with ability to generate reports using data analytics and risk assessment.
- Capabilities to create and deliver group training.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in an occupational health, safety, and environmental field.
- Solid understanding of health and safety & environmental regulations and policies, including OSHA, EPA, TCEQ, and other relevant governmental bodies.
- EHS Certification a plus (e.g. CSP, CIH, CSHM, QEP, EPI, CHMM).
- Demonstrated understanding of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standards.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job. Authentix is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the ADA Amendments of 2008 and all applicable state and local laws concerning disability accommodation. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to individuals with known physical or mental disabilities if such accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the company, and would enable the individual to apply for, or perform, the essential functions of the position in question.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard [ office/warehouse/lab ] environment. Employees may work under the stress of regular interdepartmental interaction and pressure to meet various deadlines.
Physical: Essential functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an [ office/warehouse/lab ] setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; must be able to hear and verbally communicate in order to exchange information in person or over the phone; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist; to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 25 pounds of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement; to occasionally travel to other locations using various modes of private or commercial transportation. NOTIFICATION
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job and is not considered an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and required skills. This Job Description does not constitute an offer of employment. The employment relationship between the Company and its employees is "At-Will" and based on mutual consent. Authentix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.