At BrightFarms, we exist for two reasons - People and our Planet. We use state of the art indoor farming techniques to produce pesticide free leafy greens that are insanely fresh and delicious. We are dedicated to our mission of reducing the environmental impact of food and serving the local communities where we grow so our supply chain is simple and easy to trace. AND we hire great people and treat the very well!
Our Agriculture Support Department
is looking to add a Hydroponic Trial Coordinator
to our team. This job is located at our Wilmington, Ohio or Rochelle, IL
In this role you will be responsible for developing and executing a trial program for genetics, product development, agronomic practices, and technology across our commercial greenhouses. The Trialing Coordinator will be critical in facilitating communication between greenhouse staff, vendors, Research & Development, and Marketing departments. They will be responsible for synthesizing data and effectively communicating results to key stakeholders.
· Work with the Agriculture, Marketing, and R&D teams to establish and prioritize trial objectives
· Develop trial protocols for testing new plant varieties, greenhouse technologies, and agronomic practices
· Coordinate trial execution with greenhouse team
· Effectively communicate trial goals and expectations
· Manage and monitor daily trial activities at each site
· Responsible for all aspects of trial data collection, photography, and analysis
· Develop data templates for metrics such as yield, plant health, and quality
· Train greenhouse staff on data recording procedures
· Synthesize data and communicate results with other departments and vendors
· Travel to trial sites regularly to assist in trial implementation and data recording
· Develop relationships with key vendors
· Ensure all food safety protocols are followed in the execution of trials
· Conduct regular advancement meetings with all stakeholders
The ideal candidate has:
- BS in Horticulture, Floriculture, Biology, Agronomy, Botany, Breeding or related field
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing trials in a greenhouse or field environment
- 1+ years of experience facilitating collaborations between companies or departments
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate across departments
- Willingness to travel regularly (~50%) to BrightFarms Greenhouses and vendor locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in greenhouse production systems preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis using R, JMP, PowerBI, etc.
· We exist for the health of the planet and people - all new hires must be fully vaccinated against Covid -19 by their start date.Come grow with us - the future is BRIGHT!