In a multicellular organism, assemblies of similar cells form tissues, and a cooperation between tissues in turn forms organs, which carry out distinct functions essential to sustain the life of an organism.
Even today, we are lacking tools to characterize the molecules different cells synthesize on a large scale. This knowledge is fundamental to shed light on how cells and therefore, tissues, organs and ultimately organisms function. Here at 10x Genomics, we are building powerful tools to enable the life science community to unravel the biology of cells in physiology as well as pathophysiology. Our tools have already enabled scientists across the globe in making fundamental discoveries from neuroscience to oncology. We believe we are in the century of biology, and we are building the next generation tools to empower the scientific community to understand cell biology in ways that have never been possible. We believe this will allow the scientific community to tackle the most difficult scientific challenges ahead of us with the mission to improve human health.About The Role
Our customers study a wide range of sample types with our single cell, spatial and in situ assays to unravel new biology, which require tailored sample preparation approaches. We are seeking an independent, passionate, and curious Research Associate
with a background in cell and molecular biology and 2-3 years of work experience. Hands-on experience with mouse models is required. You will join the newly formed research program and work cross functionally with cell culture, flow cytometry and histology teams. If you enjoy managing multiple priorities and learning new methods, then this role will be an exciting opportunity. Most importantly, you should be collaborative, and excited to work within a highly focused, interdisciplinary team to dig deep into primary sample preparation methods for single cell technology development.What You Will Be Doing
- Investigate different sample preparation methods and to obtain reproducible, high quality samples for our product development teams, excellent organizational and computer skills, attention to detail and experience to analyze, interpret, visualize and communicate scientific data effectively. Tailored mentorship and in-depth training will be provided based on the individual needs of the research associate.
- Breeding and genotyping of genetically engineered mouse models
- Dissection and dissociation of primary tissue samples
- Engineering of primary cells (transductions, transfections)
- Expansion and cryopreservation of primary cells
- PCRs, qPCRs and gel electrophoresis
- Histological processing of primary samples
- Microscopic evaluation of histological stains using brightfield microscopy (including hematoxylin&eosin stain)
- Cryo- and microtome sectioning (would be a plus)
Excellent organizational and computer skills, attention to detail and experience to statistically analyze, visualize, interpret, and communicate scientific data effectively. Tailored mentorship and in-depth training will be provided based on the individual needs of the research associate.Minimum Requirements
About 10x Genomics
- Bachelors Degree in Biology or similar scientific discipline with 2-3 years of work experience
- Research experience with a background in cell, molecular biology, genetics, bioengineering or similar hands-on experience in tissue collection from rodent models, primary tissue dissociation and single cell isolation methods
- Experience in cryopreservation of primary cells and developing quality control assays
- Hands-on experience working with genetically engineered mouse models including husbandry and genotyping
- Histological processing of specimens, sectioning (microtome, cryostat), immunostainings, and histological assessment of mouse and human tissues
- Well organized and able to troubleshoot independently
- Local travel from HQ to South San Francisco: ~20% of your time
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.