Environmental, Health & Safety ManagerAbout Beech-Nut Nutrition Company…
We are one of America's leading companies providing nutritious, wholesome foods for babies using real ingredients, gently cooked, with non-GMO verified, Natural or organic ingredients in almost all our products.
Our work is organized around our mission to Delight Consumers by Conserving the Goodness of Nature. We care deeply about others, the planet, and are empowered to make a difference. We expect, reward and celebrate strong performance.Our Values…
Our ambition to grow is underpinned by our four core values Create wow, Everyone Hero, Nourish others, & Take Responsibility. Our values help us navigate the ever-changing environment in which we operate and ensure we innovate to meet customer needs. Create wow ~ Everyone Hero ~ Nourish others ~ Take responsibility
If this sounds like a place you want to invest your time, keep reading!About the Role…
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager for Beech-Nut Nutrition Company, reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Operations. This position will be the primary driver in the development and implementation of all plant environmental, health and safety systems. The focus will be on engaging the employee population to support a collaborative approach to addressing safety and health opportunities. The EHS Manager will lead cross-functional teams to execute on continuous improvement activities that positively impact plant KPI's and ensures compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards. About the Teams (HR and Operations!)…
The HR Team is a dynamic group of individuals passionate about building strong relationships and partnering cross-functionally to cultivate Beech-Nut's strong mission and values. This team is responsible for providing leadership, support and business partnering to guide various departments in achieving the company goals. The team works diligently to understand what our associates want and need so we can deliver high quality, safe, and nutritious foods for babies and toddlers!
The Operations Team is comprised of diverse individuals who bring a wide breadth of knowledge and experience to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of Beech-Nut Nutrition's LEED® certified production facility. The team implements processes and programs to optimize production capabilities, supervises production activities to ensure adherence to BNN ethics and safety procedures, develops production plans and staffing schedules, and oversees the maintenance of machinery and equipment. The team works collaboratively to make sure every aspect of production is running efficiently and effectively. Our Commitment to Safety…
At Beech-Nut we are committed to a strong safety program that protects its staff, its property, and the public from accidents. Associates at every level, including management, are responsible and accountable for the company's overall safety initiatives. Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job is necessary for the safety among all workers on the job site. Management supports participation in the program by all Associates and provides proper equipment, training and procedures. Associates are responsible for following all procedures, working safely, and, wherever possible, improving safety measures. An injury and accident-free workplace is our goal. Through continuous safety and loss control, we can accomplish this.About the Work Environment…
The position is located at the Amsterdam, New York LEED® certified production facility. The associate will be required to work in an environment that requires hairnet, beard cover, safety glasses, hearing protection and lab coat. Restrictions include wearing of jewelry, nail polish and acrylic nails. Other personal protection equipment may be required for certain tasks.What You'll Do…
Who You Are…
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Administers Workers Compensation Program including reviewing accident reports for thoroughness of investigations and adequacy of corrective actions. Performs analysis to identify trends and causes. Implements measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develops and maintains plant safety training requirements. Coordinates and supports training efforts, including safety new hire orientation, user-level training, and periodic refresher training.
- Reports EHS trends and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to management staff.
- Collaborates with supply chain personnel to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Responsible for filling OSHA, EPA and NYSDEC reports as required.
- Maintains inventories of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Oversees plant safety committee to ensure engagement of plant personnel in EHS-related activities.
- Coordinates "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substance.
- Ensures facility design meets all local, State and Federal safety/environmental standards.
- Develops and maintains medical monitoring programs for employees.
- Develops and maintains appropriate PPE for plant applications.
- Maintains and updates emergency response plans and procedures.
- Develops and maintains hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys.
- Performs safety acceptance inspections of new or modified equipment to ensure appropriate safety features and hazard controls are in place.
- Acts as the Radiation Safety Officer.
What You'll Need…
- Deciding and Initiating Action: You are able to make timely decisions while weighing risks. You act without being prompted and take responsibility for projects, people and mistakes.
- Analyzing: You are able to analyze all types of information using a wide range of sources. You draw well-reasoned conclusions and pinpoint key information from large data sets. You are able to identify themes and produce effective solutions.
- Learning and Researching: You rapidly learn new tasks and quickly commit information to memory. You ask key questions and use all relevant information to make decisions. You use mistakes as a learning opportunity and encourages others to learn from one another.
- Planning and Organizing: You are able to set clearly defined objectives, establish priorities, plan activities and project and manage time effectively. You monitor progress against deadlines and milestones.
We Also Offer…
- Bachelor's degree in related field required (Safety, Science Engineering)
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing with increased responsibility overseeing EHS activities
- Above average skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), especially in Excel
- Conceptual and practical experience with Lean principles
- Certification in Safety, industrial hygiene or environmental management
- Lean Certification
- Flexibility in assigned shift schedule
Here at Beech-Nut we are devoted to creating a culture where our team members are professionally challenged and cared for personally. As a member of the Beech-Nut team, you will have access to competitive compensation, health benefits and various on-site amenities as well as opportunities for professional development and training. We are proud to offer our associates the following:Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision & prescription coverage for you and your dependents
- 401k with 4% Match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Generous maternity/paternity benefits
- Baby food program until your child's 2nd birthday
- On-site fitness center
- On-site café catered by Mazzone Hospitality and PRIME Business Dining
- Community garden
What it is like to live in upstate New York…
- Tuition assistance
- Access to robust training programs
We are about 30 minutes northwest of Albany, the NY state capital, and 40 minutes southwest of Saratoga Springs. We are near major cultural events, outside recreation and places to have fun throughout the year. From watching the New York City Ballet or listening to Brad Paisley, Cardi B, Dave Matthews Band, Goo Goo Dolls, Willie Nelson, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Santana, or Tedeschi Trucks Band at Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC), boating on beautiful Lake George, hiking the famous trails of the Adirondacks, or skiing at Lake Placid, you will find there is plenty to keep you, and/or, your family busy. And, if you are looking for the occasional big city attraction, it is a short drive to Boston, Montreal, and New York City.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Beech-Nut Nutrition Company will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
To all agencies: All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Beech-Nut via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Beech-Nut, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Beech-Nut for this position and a valid agreement is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Beech-Nut Nutrition agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.