Altos Labs is a new biotechnology company focused on cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, with the goal of reversing disease to transform medicine.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com. What We Want You To Know
We want our employees to bring their whole selves to work and be recognized for the talents, perspectives, and unique life and career experiences they bring. We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to spur innovation. Job Summary
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a Senior Scientist to join Altos Labs. We are seeking highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated about using their expertise to make impactful contributions for unraveling the deep biology of cellular rejuvenation programming to restore cell health and resilience, including basic science, pre-clinical, and clinical-stage programs. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to work on unraveling biological processes using spatial imaging technologies
Who You Are
- Study the mechanistic basis of cell health and rejuvenation using imaging based technologies
- Work closely with team and collaborators to implement emerging spatial imaging technologies for RNA, proteins or metabolites.
- Engage in ground-breaking and innovative science.
- Support and manage internal/external collaborations in one or more multidisciplinary projects to accelerate essential research activities.
- Responsible for developing project-specific experimental strategies, techniques, and procedures.
- Responsible for helping PI train lab members, including scientists and technicians.
- Responsible for managing research projects with PI, including coordination of the activities of lab members, including scientists and technicians.
- Contribute to writing and dissemination of research
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years of relevant academic or industrial research experience related to cell and molecular biology.
- A documented record of professional achievement in the form of impactful publications.
- Excellent professional writing skills and the ability to attune through writing and presentations to a variety of audiences including senior executives through entry-level employees.
- Problem-solving skills sufficient to identify issues, conduct research, and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with a broad range of people, including staff colleagues, lab members, faculty, outside agencies and collaborators, and the community.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Google apps, Excel, and Powerpoint graphic skills to produce documents and manage office projects.
- Demonstrated experience using tissue imaging technologies to address complex biological problems (e.g. through tissue sectioning, immunofluorescent staining, immunohistochemistry, FISH, confocal microscopy).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating basic research projects.
- Experience working with human tissues and animal models.
- Experience with RNA in situ hybridization techniques.
- Familiarity and/or interest in application of spatial transcriptomic technologies.
- Familiarity with genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and/or epigenomics.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of Scientific Freedom, Learning and Belonging.