McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is one of America's premier commercial construction companies. Our reputation for tackling the toughest building challenges starts with our focus on building high-performing teams that collaborate with clients and industry partners starting in the earliest stages of design, throughout construction and beyond project completion. With offices and employees nationwide, we specialize in a wide range of project types including healthcare, education, renewable energy, marine, water/wastewater, commercial office and retail, hospitality/entertainment and airports. Originally founded as a family business in 1864, today we are proud to be 100 percent employee-owned.Overview
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is currently searching for a Regional Environmental Manager to be the point person within the Southern Region and manage McCarthy's environmental program by promoting environmental compliance throughout the Region, and supporting operations in their effort to reach this goal.
As the environmental point person within the Region this individual will provide support in matters relating to:
- Air Quality
- Biological Resources
- Hazardous Materials
- Storm Water Management
- Waste Management (Both Hazardous and Solid Waste)
- Water Resources
The REM's responsibilities include:
- Interacting with projects from their inception through pre-con. This includes conducting bid reviews, researching and understanding federal, state as well as local and contract requirements. It is then up to the REM to assist the project team in understanding these requirements and addressing the team's concerns.
- Maintaining a list of key subcontractors across the region who can assist McCarthy projects in maintaining environmental compliance.
- Conducting an environmental risk analysis with the project team in order to better understand the environmental risks associated with the project and how to best mitigate those risks.
- Advise and provide support to McCarthy projects in the development and execution of site-specific environmental plans and programs, including a project specific permit matrix.
- Supporting McCarthy projects by conducting on site environmental training for both craft and staff, as well as overseeing the implementation of controls to assist in maintaining environmental compliance.
- Conducting audits and assessments at McCarthy projects either at the request of management or due to the fact the project meets prerequisites detailed in McCarthy's Compliance Program.
- Interfacing with project teams on client interaction, regulatory visits, and inspections including serving as the point person and liaison with various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Tracking environmental data for key performance indicators as a means of adjusting and improving the McCarthy Corporate Compliance Program.
Discipline specific duties include the following:
- Interface with McCarthy's Department of Transportation ("DOT") team to ensure that the company fleet meets state specific air regulations.
- Ensure compliance with state and local air rules pertaining to equipment and operations (dust).
- Ensure proper agency notification in the case of demolition/renovation, along with lead and asbestos remediation.
- Application of noise monitoring and mitigation programs on McCarthy projects.
- Work with the McCarthy DOT and sustainability groups to implement a Green House Gas ("GHG") emission program on both the federal and state level.
- Implementation of federal fish and wildlife regulations such as the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, etc.
- Interface with McCarthy's safety team on the management of Safety Data Sheets, including interaction with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure each project is compliant with EPCRA reporting requirements
- Work with McCarthy's safety team to educate projects on the proper management and storage of hazardous materials on job sites.
- Stormwater Management Program
- Review of project specific SWPPP plans to ensure they meet federal, state and local requirements.
- Ensure each project is conducting SWPPP inspections, maintain records, and reporting as required by federal, state and local requirements.
- Implement and maintain the Approved Vendors List ("AVL") program throughout the region for both solid and hazardous waste as well as e-waste and recyclable materials.
- Assist projects understanding and implementing local, state and federal waste regulations including RCRA, TSCA, and Universal Waste Management.
- Ensure projects across the region have DOT/RCRA certified individuals who can properly sign shipping documentation.
- Implement waste diversion programs in order to meet company goals as well as federal, state, local and contract requirements.
- Assist McCarthy projects in obtaining, understanding any water related permits including dewatering permits, sewer discharge permits as well as US Army Corp of Engineers ("USACE") 404 permits.
- Support projects in the development and implementation of on-site treatment systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental management, environmental science, physical science, or related field
- Minimum of five years field experience that should include:
- Project management
- Client relations
- Site sampling
- Emergency/spill response
- Site characterization and remediation
- Coordination with permitting and regulatory authorities
CPESC/CESSWI CertificationDOT/RCRA CertificationCHMM, Hazwoper a plusMust have strong oral and written communication skills
McCarthy Building Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.