Job Title: Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Discovery TechnologyCompany: Recludix Pharma, Inc.Location: San Diego, CA
Recludix Pharma is a venture capital-funded biotechnology company located in San Diego, California and Cambridge, Massachusetts. We are engaged in small molecule drug discovery for the treatment of targeted patient populations in oncology and autoimmune disease. Recludix Pharma is looking for experienced candidates who desire to work in a dynamic early-stage startup environment as a member of our San Diego team.Job Summary:
We are seeking a drug discovery-focused scientist with proven outstanding cellular and biochemical assay development, design, and execution skills, with an emphasis on data analysis, QC, and troubleshooting acumen. A successful candidate will be skilled in the conceptualization, design, and execution of cellular and biochemical assays for small molecule inhibitor evaluation. Top candidates will have a record of driving the development and implementation of novel assays (i.e., not already established or "off the shelf") that address specific and nuanced questions critical for meeting team and company goals. We are seeking candidates who take exceptional initiative and function synergistically as part of a driven and creative cross-functional team that makes key contributions to Recludix's goal of bringing transformational medicines to patients.Responsibilities:
- Independently design, execute, QC, analyze/upload, and troubleshoot quantitative discovery and/or mechanism-based biochemical and cellular assays for small molecule inhibitor evaluation.
- Independently clearly communicate actionable results and recommendations to drug discovery project teams.
- Expert and creative design, development, and execution of new assay paradigms with moderate to minimal instruction from team and manager.
- Thoughtful and careful streamlining of current and new processes and workflows.
- Accurate data upload to corporate database in accordance with established SOPs.
- Clear, precise, impactful data presentation at routine Discovery Technology team meetings and as required at core drug discovery team meetings.
- Shared lab infrastructure responsibilities (inventory, equipment maintenance, safety)
- B.S. with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven technical expertise in the creative design, execution, and reporting of data for novel cell-based and biochemical assays is essential.
- Proven and successful experience with complex low to medium throughput drug characterization assays essential.
- Robust understanding of small molecule ligand binding kinetics and thermodynamics is desirable.
- Proven ability to independently fit and analyze data using appropriate models is essential.
- Proven outstanding communication and interpersonal skills across the primary team and all company functions is essential.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Recludix Pharma also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance and a 401(k) plan. Recludix Pharma is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Recludix Pharma is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Recludix Pharma employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, or receive an approved medical or religious exemption.
To be considered as an applicant, please submit your resume/CV referencing the specific position of interest and position code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants whose qualifications and experience most closely match the requirements of the position will be reviewed. Candidates will only be contacted for evaluative discussions.