Manager responsible for all health and safety aspects of the ArrMaz business unit. Responsible for ensuring Health & Safety staff meet the needs of the company. Interact and interface with all levels of the business unit to ensure compliance with standards. Ensure integration of Arkema company HES policies and procedures.
- This position manages ArrMaz HES matters, as assigned, to maintain compliance with applicable local, state, federal and company regulatory standards and policies related to environmental and industrial safety at BU facilities in the Americas and other designated locations (6 locations).
- This position will provide daily value-added business support to BU operations and satisfy the environmental, health and safety compliance expectations of ArrMaz and Arkema DSEG/ISG corporate management in the most cost effective means possible, informed by key business objectives and continued compliance.
- The position will provide consultation and support to ArrMaz plant personnel, management and executive leadership regarding Arkema HES Programs, processes, and legal/internal requirements at all designated locations.
- The position will provide subject matter expertise and BU technical resources for environmental, occupational safety and health and process safety challenges.
- The role requires leadership capabilities to implement cultural and behavioral changes to improve HES performance in the BU.
- The position will monitor, track and report on HES KPIs and develop action plans to lead targeted improvement in Health, Environmental and Safety performance.
- Direct, train, motivate, and counsel direct reports to build a high performing HES team, which meets or exceeds the BU expectations for continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering (or related), with 5-10 years of experience in the Environmental, Health and Safety management field demonstrating a strong familiarity with the chemical manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations and relevant environmental and occupational safety and health federal and state regulations.
- Requires comprehensive technical, regulatory and program expertise in all aspects of environmental, health and safety management associated with complex chemical manufacturing and treatment/control technologies.
- Advanced written / oral communication skills to develop concise reports and presentations on complex technical matters and major program initiatives.
- Experience effectively negotiating with regulatory agency officials conduct audits and relay audit findings.