Monte Rosa Therapeutics is looking for an experienced, energetic, and self-motivated scientist who will join our team in Basel or Boston to work on the discovery and characterization of novel medicines. At Monte Rosa we are taking a rational approach to targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation by delivering pioneering therapies for cancer, inflammation and rare genetic diseases. Delivering this new generation of treatments to patients requires a conceptual change. Monte Rosa recognizes this urgent need and is missioned to develop innovative molecular glue degraders (MGDs) as a solution. Our team combines deep knowledge and outstanding skills in the areas of chemistry, structural and cell biology, computational modeling and translational science to deliver pioneering degrader therapeutics for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, hematological disorders and oncology.
This role includes both in vitro and i n vivo immunology aspects and is at the interface of lab-facing and project team-facing responsibilities. This individual will make critical contributions to projects and programs as they progress molecular glue degraders from hit validation to pre-IND studies. The candidate will be a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated collaborative skills and a strong desire to contribute to project success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in and oversee biology aspects of various projects within the pipeline and act as in vitro and in vivo Biology lead on one or more project or program team.
2. Take a key role in driving team drug discovery biology efforts to support hit-to-lead selection and progression thought lead optimization, in vivo PK/PD and efficacy studies and early clinical translational strategy.
3. Train bench-based team members and oversee the work of others in-house and at CROs; potential to manage direct report/s.
4. Utilize literature and bioinformatics data to design and test therapeutic and biomarker hypotheses.
5. Strengthen and develop in vivo platform efforts and in-house in vivo capabilities across the organization
6. Participate collaboratively with others to identify target opportunities across the proprietary MGD platform
PhD or Postdoc equivalent in Immunology or Cell Biology with 2-5 years hands-on experience in drug discovery research in a pharmaceutical setting.
Broad experience with in vitro and in vivo immunology models and experience overseeing in vitro and in vivo CRO work is required.
Multiparameter flow cytometry, immune cell assay and ex vivo immune cell analysis experience required.
Established track record in driving projects forward, both as an individual contributor and as a cross-functional collaborator.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a matrixed team and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
We are looking forward to receiving your application at https://www.monterosatx.com/careers/ or via email sent to careers-Basel@monterosatx.com
At Monte Rosa we are taking a rational approach to targeting disease-causing proteins for degradation by means of molecular glue degraders (MGD). Protein degradation as a therapeutic modality can markedly extend the target space, allowing us to attack proteins with a strong link to human disease that were previously deemed undruggable. Our team combines deep knowledge and outstanding skills in the areas of chemistry, structural and cell biology, computational modeling and translational science to deliver pioneering degrader therapeutics for cancer and other diseases.