Health, Safety and Environmental SpecialistMVE BiologicalNew Prague, MinnesotaMVE Biological Solutions is a major supplier to the life sciences industry of cryogenic solutions, providing freezers, dewars, related ancillary equipment and services used in the storage and transport of life sciences commodities, which include cell and gene therapies. Headquartered in Ball Ground, Georgia and with plants in New Prague, Minnesota and Chengdu, China and with over 226 dedicated employees, MVE serves over 300 customers.MVE is the Preferred Brand for Cryogenic Equipment
The Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) Specialist provides support and solutions by monitoring health and safety, assessing risk, and designing strategies to reduce potential hazards while ensuring environmental compliance within the New Prague facility.QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bio-Pharma including cell & gene therapies
- Storage of cord blood, bone marrow, stem cell, heart valves and other highly sensitive human tissue
- Medical research facilities and universities
- Government institutions including CDC and NIH
- IVF Centers
- Hospitals and clinics
- Animal husbandry, breeders and livestock
· B.S. degree in Engineering, preferably Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial
· 3 -5 years of relevant, industrial manufacturing experience (preferably within the medical device sector) or a minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field. Experience must reflect increase in scope and complexity of duties and responsibilities.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
· Conduct safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective actions, and implement follow-up assessments.
· Plan, implement, and conduct preventative care, safety, and compliance training programs.
· Assess risks associated with tools and equipment, job sites, and work environments within the manufacturing facility.
· Oversee daily activities of team members to maintain environmental management system (EMS).
· Ensure that industrial operations are in compliance with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
· Educate industrial and office employees on safety and environmental programs and policies.
· Generate and maintain environmental reports and permits as per state and federal regulations.
· Investigate environmental incidents and develop action plans.
· Follow and enforce environmental policies and procedures.
· Partner with Human Resources to provide job training and assistance to team members upon hire and establish reoccurring refresher courses as required.COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
MVE Biological is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MVE provides excellent compensation, bonus, matching 401K, full compliment health benefits and insurances and company equity.Please submit resume, along with note of interest, to email@example.com.Thank you!
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers, including MS Word, Excel, and JDE.
- General familiarity with medical devices or similar quality systems requirements
- Understanding of MIG/TIG welding practices, sheet metal fabrication, cryogenics, and vacuum systems, is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of company safety procedures and policies
- Awareness and understanding of company quality standards, federal and state environmental policies and regulations, occupational health and safety standards, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 45001
- Someone with a team player mentality and a passion for, and alignment with, MVEs mission.
- A change agent and strong collaborator who is not afraid of challenging the status quo
- An individual who brings strong core values, quality, ethics, and integrity