Completes research projects by developing research plans; completing investigations; drawing and reporting conclusions; managing staff.
* Accomplishes environmental research human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves environmental research operational objectives by preparing and completing action plans; coordinating actions of various scientific discipline specialists; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets environmental research financial objectives by forecasting project requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Develops research plans by clarifying objectives; estimating resources required; specifying methodology, milestones, audits, and evaluations; completing feasibility and cost-benefit studies.
* Completes research investigations by assembling research literature and reports; testing and evaluating options; drawing conclusions.
* Integrates findings by coordinating information with other investigators.
* Presents conclusions by developing reports and presentations; explaining implications.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Forecasting, Research Skills, Reporting Research Results, Planning, Presentation Skills, Initiative, Environmental Law, Dealing with Complexity